Customers Also Bought
Primarily designed for the Urostomate, but can be used by any ostomate with a drainable pouch, the Daily Wear Open End pouch cover provides easy access to a drainable pouch.
It has the same features and dimensions of the closed end product except that this cover is 10 inches in length. The added length ensures adequate coverage of the pouch.
Like the closed end cover, this product is sized to fit the ostomy product as indicated earlier. The one main expectation is that this cover does not need to be removed to drain the pouch, and will work with all major brands of Ostomy products just like the close end cover.
Benefits to the Ostomate:
- The main advantage to the open end cover is that it allows the ostomate to drain their pouch without having to remove the cover. It also provides an added level of comfort for the ostomate by keeping the pouch off their skin.
Directions for Wearing
- Begin with an empty pouch.
- Gather the end of the pouch and insert it into the back of the opening in the cover.
- Slide the cover up and over the pouch as if putting on a slip cover.
- Guide the opening of the cover so that it resides where the pouch and the barrier (flange) are connected. (On a one piece system, this would be where the pouch and barrier are factory sealed.
- Ensure that the upper edge of the pouch is inside the upper area of the cover above the opening on the back.
- Simply pull the cover from the top of the pouch and slide the cover off the pouch.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer C&S Pouch Covers
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!