Customers Also Bought
Curasorb Calcium Alginate Dressing by Kendall is an alginate wound dressing used in wound care. It is easy and painless to remove with minimal tissue trauma.
This wound dressing is designed to interact with sodium in the wound. This creates an ionic exchange and helps to jump-start the epithelialization process. The dressing can absorb approximately 20 times its own weight in exudate.
There is a gel block feature in the alginate wound dressing with a unique fiber configuration. This encourages vertical wicking, which pulls exudate straight through the dressing. It also allows a more efficient removal of exudate from the wound.
The alginate dressing maintains integrity, allowing fast and easy removal and clean-up. The highly absorbent fluid binding maximizes wound fluid retention and removal. This allows for fewer wound dressing changes.
There is minimal shrinkage in this Curasorb dressing, helping to prevent maceration of the periwound. The unique calcium to sodium ratio proliferates the sodium-calcium exchange with the wound. This feature of the dressing donates calcium to the wound and removes sodium from the wound to regulate the wound bed.
High calcium levels in the wound dressing speed hemostasis. It also has a stable gel formula, which makes for a higher percentage of guluronic levels. This feature allows for easier removal of the dressing while minimizing tissue trauma. This Curasorb dressing maximizes patient comfort during removal and debridement.
This Curasorb dressing made with Calcium Alginate by Kendall comes in 4x4" sterile squares and 12" rope. It is packaged for convenience in singles and boxes.
Curasorb Calcium Alginate Dressing Features and Benefits
- Alginate Dressing Used in Wound Care
- Easy and Painless to Remove
- Minimal Tissue Trauma
- Designed to Interact with Sodium in the Wound
- Helps Jump-Start Epithelialization Process
- Absorbs Approximately 20 Times Its Own Weight in Exudate
- Gel Block Feature Encourages Vertical Wicking
- More Efficient Removal of Exudate
- Fast and Easy Removal and Clean-Up
- Allows Fewer Wound Dressing Changes
- Helps Prevent Maceration of Periwound
- High Calcium Levels Speed Hemostasis
Curasorb Calcium Alginate Dressing Specifications
- Item Number: 9231, 9232, 9233
- Available in 4x4" Sterile Squares and 12" Rope
- Packaged in Singles and Boxes
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
Based on your history