Top 5 Carpal Tunnel Wrist Braces - 2021
Date: September 30, 2021
By Kimberly Martinez
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when swollen tissues around the wrist begin to constrict the median nerve that runs through the carpal tunnel, causing tingling, burning, numbness, and aching in the thumb and the first three fingers.1 Repetitive wrist motions such as typing or scrolling on a smartphone put you at risk for developing carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Less apparent risk factors include pregnancy, diabetes, and obesity. No matter the underlying cause, treatment is within reach by wearing a carpal tunnel wrist splint. Bracing up is important because it allows the inflamed tissues to heal by placing the wrist in a neutral position. This support restricts wrist flexion and extension to get swelling under control and give the nerve some needed rest. Even while sleeping, a wrist support device may be necessary. A carpal tunnel night support ensures the median nerve stays happy so you can stay asleep at night while keeping your hand from doing the same.
Everyone with wrist pain wants the best wrist support or best wrist splint available. Now is the time to find a treatment solution since ignoring symptoms can lead to permanent nerve damage and cause weakness in the hand.2 Nonsurgical treatment options include making lifestyle changes, avoiding motions that extend the wrist, and wearing a wrist splint. Below is a list of Vitality Medical's top-selling braces to put you in the direction of the best wrist brace for carpal tunnel. This list highlights important product features as well as the material, compression strap designs, and adjustability to help you find the best wrist splint for carpal tunnel that will work for your lifestyle.
Advantages of the Best Wrist Braces for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Places Wrist in a Straight Neutral Postion - Relaxing
- Reduces Tension
- Releases Pressure on the Median Nerve (Runs From the Forearm to the Palm)
- Provides Warmth (Cold Hands and Wrists Increases Pain and Stiffness
- Self-Help Option
Top 5 Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Braces and Splints
The Futuro Night Wrist Support brace is a top seller to treat CTS because it's made with breathable fabric and innovative cushioning beads to rest the wrist. The beads support and provide a comfortable barrier between the hand and the rigid palmar stay. The removable stays keep the wrist straight, which is important to nighttime therapy to repair the nerve and surrounding tissues and not pinch during sleep.
Top Features for the Best Carpal Tunnel Night Brace
- Customizable Day and Night Support
- Removable Palmer Stay
- Cushioning Beads Add Comfort and Moderate Support
- Breathable Fabric
- Two Thumb Positions To Fit Left or Right Hand
- Customizable Compression Using Hook-and-Loop Straps
No. 2: Versa Fit Wrist Brace
The Versa Fit name speaks to this brace's versatility to adjust and lock to size to effectively immobilize the wrist. The hook-and-loop panels make it easy to fit varying wrist and forearm sizes. The brace's versatility and comfort help users comply with therapy and get relief from CTS. The support offers the user freedom of movement of the fingers 90-degrees at the MP joint and allows thumb movement.
Top Features for the Adjustable Hook-and-Loop Wrist Brace Support
- Comfortably Immobilizes the Wrist
- VersaFit Flex Panel Adjusts to the Varying Size of Wrist and Forearm
- Comfortable Design and Materials
- Straps Create a Comfortable Fit With Compression
No. 3: ProCare Quick-Fit Wrist II
The Procare Quick-Fit II brace not only immobilizes the wrist on the palmar side but also has a dorsal stay for maximum immobilization therapy. This support is beneficial when achy wrists need attention. The Quick-Fit name speaks to the easy-pull lace strap closures that create a snug fit with adjustable compression. Hand anatomy requires contoured stays to ensure the left- or right-hand fitting matches your limb. Make sure to purchase the correct left or right fitting brace.
Top Features for the Adjustable Wrist Support Brace
- Easy Pull Straps Add Support and Compression Along the Wrist
- Contoured and Rigid Palmer Stay Aligns the Median Nerve
- Additional Dorsal Stay Casing Provides Maximum Immobilization To Control the Range of Motion
- Patented Design
No. 4: OTC Cock-Up Wrist Splint
The Cock-Up Wrist Splint has a beige canvas exterior with a soft flannel interior. The neutral color blends in well and isn't as noticeable during day therapy. However, what is apparent is its criss-cross lacing that pulls to distribute uniform compression at the wrist. This distributed compression creates improved blood flow for faster healing. Another feature is the rounded top of the palmer stay that increases comfort with hand movement. The stay prevents wrist flexion without cutting into the skin, and it's removable for when the user wants the brace support but needs a range of motion.
Top Features for the Cock-Up Wrist Splint
- Criss-Cross Straps Control Compression Level at the Wrist
- Comfortable Rounded Metal Palmar Stay
- Splint Prevents Wrist Flexion
- Stabilizes the Wrist To Promote Healing
- Neutral Color Made With Durable Canvas and Soft Flannel Lining
- Slips On and Off Using One Hand
The OTC Cock-Up brand has yet another popular wrist splint. This reversible version in black is made with moisture-wicking material to encourage long-term wear. The elastic lining material wicks moisture away from the skin to keep therapy comfortable. The reversible design features two thumb holes, which allow it to interchange with either hand. This palmar splint keeps the wrist neutral when the user is sleeping or anytime during therapy. The straps keep the support secure and supply the desired compression and comfort level.
Top Features for the Reversible Wrist Splint
- Promotes Healing by Restricting Wrist Flexion
- Palmar Stay Removes as Needed
- Moisture Wicking Material
- Hook-and-Loop Closures Create Compression
- Slips On Easily
- Reversible Design To Fit Either Hand
Getting pain relief from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is achievable with many Wrist Support splint options on the market. Upon applying the support brace to your wrist, you will notice how quickly the median nerve gives a figurative sigh of relief. Wrist splints facilitate therapy since it's not sustainable to keep the hand neutral without support. These top sellers are a perfect place to start searching for the best type of wrist brace for carpal tunnel to help you comply with carpal tunnel therapy and get relief. Don't risk permanent nerve damage -- get your wrist support brace today!
- 1Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. healthline, 7 Mar. 2019. Accessed 5 Oct. 2021
- 2Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Fact Sheet. NIH National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, 7 Apr. 2020. Accessed 5 Oct. 2021