Customers Also Bought
ShowerBuddy BathLyft Electric Bath Chair assists those with limited mobility to be able to get in and out of a standard-sized bathtub safely. This bath lift is battery powered, so the hassle of connecting the lift to water pressure is not a problem. Users can relax on the BathLyft's padded chair and, at the push of a button, lower into the bath and recline up to 30 degrees. The unit can sense when there isn't enough battery power left to lift a person in and back out of the tub to ensure the user can exit the bath without issue. In case of an emergency, there is an emergency stop button on the handset.
Electric bath lifts like these are easy to install and compact. The chair can hold up to 300 pounds. It can also lower to 3 inches from the bottom of the tub because of its stable frame.
How to Use Bath Lyft
Assemble Backrest to Seat
- Place the backrest on the seat's back.
- Hold the backrest and tilt it until it rests against the base plate.
- Insert the drive unit at the bottom of the backrest and into the seat.
Sit On and Use
- Using the handset, move the bath lift until it's all the way up.
- Make sure flaps are open and resting on at least one side of the tub.
- Slide onto the lift, using flaps. Legs should be placed inside the tub.
- Push the down button on the handset until lowered to the desired height.
- After bathing, push the up button on the handset until raised to sufficient height.
- Slide out of the tub, using flaps.
BathLyft Bathing Chair Instructions
Preparations for Use
- Make sure there are no obstructions preventing the use of the bath lift.
- Ensure the bottom of the tub is dry before installing the lift.
- Check if the six suction cups are securely attached to the bath and bath chair.
- Adjust chair for more back or legroom as needed.
- Keep plugs away from water or other liquids and connect them.
When the LED low-battery light is on, the handset needs to be recharged. After disconnecting the handset from the bath chair, connect the two plugs together and plug the charger into a nearby outlet. Ensure the charger is dry before plugging into the outlet. When the LED light turns green, charging has finished. Unplug the handset from the wall and reconnect it to the bath lift.
Components and Parts
- Handset with low-battery warning LED
- Linear actuator
- Safety pin
- Chair seat
- Side flaps
- Scissor rods
- Suction cups
- Locking parts
Manuals and Documents
- BathLyft Product Manual contains product information
BathLyft Video (0:21 minutes)
- Additional Information