More and more people are looking for ways to slow down the aging process and turn back the hands of time. Technology shows in addition to exercising, wearing sunscreen and applying creams to plump and hydrate the skin, there are ways to tackle aging at a molecular level. Vitality Medical offers a wide selection of anti-aging products ranging from supplements to masks.
There is suggestive scientific evidence that suppressing free radical damage and inflammatory reactions are beneficial in slowing the aging process. In addition, as people age, hormones and collagen naturally declines and using supplements are consumed to combat this trend. Look at the ingredients below to see what anti-aging benefits your'e looking for and what will work best for you. Consult with your doctor before starting a supplement regimen.
- Coenzyme Q10 is an essential naturally occurring antioxidant found in mitochondria, the power house of every cell. It regulates the oxidation of fats and sugars into energy. The cells use coQ10 to produce energy for cell growth and maintenance. As we age, CoQ10 levels decrease by 50 percent with aging and consuming supplements like Coenzyme Q10 will provide a strong antioxidant in your skin cells to keep skin firm and flexible.
- DHEA, dehydroepinandrosterone, is one of the most abundant hormones produced by the adrenal glands. This hormone peaks about the age of 25 and naturally drops after the age of 30, and drops even quicker for women. Taking a DHEA supplement is thought to reverse aging and boost immunity, muscle strength and cognitive function. Some research has shown that consuming an oral DHEA supplement may increase the thickness and hydration of the top layer of skin in the elderly.
- Collagen more specifically Collagen II is a protein found in connective tissue to give skin support and elasticity. Collagen supplements are a fast and growing anti-aging product. The decline of collagen in our skin decreases skin volume as well as causes fine lines and wrinkles. Studies have shown collagen II doesn't lose its chemical structure in the gut when a supplement is broken down by digestive enzymes and acids. Hydraplenish contains patented BioCell Collagen II peptides to create healthy connective tissue. Reviva Labs Collagen Eye Pads are a topical approach to smooth wrinkles by relaxing the eye tissue and even lighten dark under eye circles.
- Resveratrol is an effective compound naturally found in skin of red grapes, various berries and plants and is believed to promote longevity. Resveratrol Synergistic Formula promotes heart health with anti-aging properties since it promotes healthy insulin levels, enhanced mitochondrial function and reduces inflammation.
- TA-65 is a patented compound designed to activate enzyme telomerase to keep the end of the DNA strand (telemere) long and healthy. The length is quite telling of a person's health and shoring up the telemere is believed to slow down the breakdown of cells causing age-related health issues and increase immune health.