Other Acticoat product(s)
The Acticote Site Silver Coated Dressing, by Smith and Nephew, is a premium antimicrobial dressing that includes three layers of absorbent dressing, which utilize the power of oxidizing silver. The dressing works to both prevent infection within the wound while creating a barrier to resist newer, outside germs. The shape design is made specifically for dressing a surgical wound area typically where an intravenous catheter is inserted or any other areas where the skin has to maintain an opening for a particular medical function. This dressing is particularly good for healing a mildly infected site, given that it is monitored by a health professional. This wound dressing has one layer of silver-coating that rests on the wound.
The second layer is a white polyurethane foam backed by a blue third layer of waterproof polyurethane film. The dressing foam will help wick away any oozing fluid while allowing the ability to see into the dressing and know when a change is needed. The wound is designed to be effective for seven days. This is one of several wound dressings by Smith and Nephew that utilize the germicide properties of oxidizing silver.
Acticote Site Silver Coated Dressing Features and Benefits
- The dressing includes silver nanoparticles that oxidize and kill bacteria that may be present.
- The Acticote Site includes a 4 mm diameter to surround a skin opening.
- The dressing is three layers of antimicrobial and absorbency layers.
- The strikethrough allows visual confirmation for when a dressing change is needed.
- They are flexible and painless to remove.
- The dressing can be used on infected insertion sites (with discretion from a medical professional).
Acticote Site Silver Coated Dressing Specifications
- Manufacturer Number: 20611
- Manufacturer: Smith and Nephew
- Site Opening: 4 mm
- Three Layer Design
- Color: Blue, White
- External Use Only
- Those Sensitive to Silver Should Avoid Silver Based Products
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smith & Nephew Sub Brand Acticoat
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!