Who Uses This Product? Physicians or medical professionals when removing surgical staples
Why Give It a Try? The staple remover options are single-use and remove all types of surgical staples.
Skin Staple Remover Overview
The 3M Disposable Skin Staple Remover is a medical instrument to quickly and easily remove all types of surgical staples. Staples are used for closing surgical wounds. Since staples do not dissolve like stitches or sutures, the removal must be performed by a doctor once the wound is healed.
The tweezer and scissor-style options available by 3M, effectively remove the staple in the direction of the staple to make it less painful to the patient and improve cosmetic outcomes. The 3M Precise Skin Staple Remover is disposable and packaged sterile for single use.
Features and Benefits
- Disposable After Use
- Two Staple Remover Options
- Effectively Removes Any Brand of Staple
- Designed for Quick and Easy Staple Removal
- Removes in the Direction of the Staple for Comfort During Removal
- Design Optimizes Cosmetic Outcomes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What type of surgical staples will it remove?The 3M Staple Removers will remove all surgical staples made of titanium, plastic, and polylactide-polyglycolide copolymer materials.
Is there a recommended staple remover to use for a particular procedure?No, this is personal preference of the medical professional. Both the scissors and tweezer-styles can be used
for any procedure.1
What is the date on the skin stapler/remover package?The date refers to the sterilization date and is not an expiration date.
When should a staple be removed?
Typically staples are removed in two weeks. There are several factors a doctor considers to determine how long the staples will stay in place.
Who removes surgical staples?
Staples are to be removed at a doctor's office by a doctor or licensed medical professional. A patient should never attempt to remove the surgical staples.
What happens after staples are removed?The site is covered with a medical tape product like ZinO Medical Tape to protect the wound and keep it closed.
- Manufacturer: 3M
- Brand: Precise
- Product Numbers: SR-1, SR-3
- Latex-Free: Yes
- Usage: Single-Use
- Application: Skin Staple
- Options Available: Tweezer Style (3M SR-1); Scissor Style (3M SR-3)
- Material: 316L Medical-Grade Stainless Steel
- Sterile: Yes
- Do not resterilize the staple remover.Single-patient use only.
- The medical professional should be knowledgeable about skin staple removal techniques before using this product.
Manuals and Documents