Customers Also Bought
Lumin CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer disinfects your CPAP mask and water chamber. It is the easiest, fastest, and safest way to disinfect your CPAP mask and water chamber. Its design helps to improve your sleep health and keep your CPAP mask germ-free. The Lumin uses a highly effective germicidal Ultra Violet light that eliminates, neutralizes, and kills harmful mold, fungus, and bacteria. It features the same cleaning methods that can be found in surgical centers and operating rooms. It is designed with a 3-minute and 5-minute cycle time however, while a 3-minute exposure resulted in a 100% kill rate, the extra 2-minute cycle allows "wiggle room" during personal use. Either way, there is very little wait time for your mask and accessories to be completely sanitized.
The 3B Medical Lumin UVC Sanitizing System is also a multi-purpose Disinfecting Tool. It is a great option for personal items, such as hearing aids, cell phones, baby toys, pacifiers, nebulizer, toothbrushes, dentures, teeth night guards, and many more.
The Lumin Sanitizer has been thoroughly tested and resulted in a 100% kill rate of G. stearothermophillus. Similar tests on the Lumin show that the device kill other harmful microbes as well. These tests showed a 90% kill rate of other harmful species, such as Bacillus Megatherium (spore former), Clostridium Tetani (pathogenic agent of tetanus), Staphylococcus Aureos (opportunistic pathogen), Influenza Virus (causes the flu), Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (used in winemaking, baking, and brewing).
- Disinfectant Machine
- UV Bulb
- AC Power Cord
- User Manual
A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
Lumin Disinfectant Cleaner Features
Product Features and Benefits
- Kills 99.9% of Harmful Bacteria, Viruses, Mold, and Fungus
- Keeps CPAP Masks Germ Free
- 100% Sanitization Rate in 5 Minutes
- Disinfects Harmful Microbes
- Same Cleaning Methods Found in Surgical Centers
- Double Insulation
- One-Touch Operation
- No Harmful Ozone
- Cost-Effective Sanitation
- Sanitizes CPAP Masks, Hose, and Humidifier Water Chamber
- Cleanses Hearing Aids, Dentures, Pacifiers, Toothbrushes, and More
- Zero Risk of Lung Irritant for Respiratory Patients
- Safe Operation
- Easy to Use
- Product Number: LM3000
- Dimensions: 12.25 x 8.5 x 7.75 Inch
- Weight: 5.5 lbs.
- Color: White
- UV Spectrum: 254nm
- UV Bulb: Mercury-Arc Germicidal Lamp
- Materials: Plastic, Glass, and Polished Aluminum
- Power: AC 110 V, 60 Hz; AC 220 V 50 Hz
- Power Consumption: 13 Watts
- Cycle Minutes: 3 and 5
- Application: CPAP Mask and Accessories Sanitizer
- GTIN: 817783020404
- HCPCS Code: E1366
- Manufacturer: 3B Medical
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years
What to Buy With The Lumin CPAP Sanitizer
Indications for Use
The Lumin CPAP Sanitizing Machine design is for home sanitation of CPAP masks, CPAP Accessories, and other small items that can fit into the sanitizing compartment. It disinfects harmful bacteria, fungus, mold and viruses. However, it does not wash visible debris. To clean residue, wipe the mask or object by gently wiping with a moist towel or gentle cleansing wipe.
- Children should not use the Lumin CPAP Sanitizer.
- Replace the machine if there is any break or crack in the glass or plastic case to prevent injury from UV light.
- Do not use the device in the vicinity ofr water sources (sinks, bathtubs, etc.) to prevent electrical shock.
- Do not use to clean pets or small animals.
- Do not stack objects on top of the cleaning device.
- Use this device only for its intended use.
- Do not operate the Lumin CPAP Cleaning Machine with the drawer open. Escaping UV light can be harmful.
How to Use the Lumin CPAP Cleaner
- Plug the power cord into a wall outlet.
- Wipe any residue on the mask or chamber with a damp cloth.
- Open the water chamber of the humidifier and lay both sides facing up into the Lumin CPAP cleaning machine.
- Lay the CPAP mask with the inside facing up into the device drawer.
- Close the cleaning chamber door.
- Press the power button, the red Cycle-On light should turn on. The glow of UV light through the tinted oval window should also be visible while the device disinfects the chamber contents.
- After 5 minutes, the CPAP UV Cleaner will emit a beep indicating that the disinfecting is complete. The UV light will not be visible and a green light will indicate that it is OK to remove your CPAP equipment.
Caring for the Equipment
- Should the UV bulb require replacement, simply screw the old bulb out of the socket and replace it with a new bulb. Please note that the bulb design should last longer than the cleaning device. You may order a replacement bulb by calling 800-397-5899 from 8 am to 5 pm MST.
- The cleansing drawer is lined with polished aluminum. Do not use any alkali-based cleaners like baking soda on the aluminum drawer or discoloration will occur. Do not use any abrasive cleaners or scrubbers to avoid scratching the aluminum surface. Use a metal or glass cleaner with a soft lint-free cloth. Test the cleaner you plan to use on a small area of the drawer first to ensure your cleaner will not damage the drawer.
- Clean the outside of the device with a moist cloth. Do not immerse in water or cleaning solvents.
How does the Lumin cleaner work?
The device operates with a UV light bulb that emits light frequency waves in a narrow spectrum that destroys harmful particles. The bulb is a low-pressure, mercury-arc germicidal lamp that generates a 254nm frequency. This energy wave is the most lethal to harmful microorganisms. This same energy wave is currently in use in hospitals, ambulances, other emergency vehicles, and high touch contact areas to disinfect from harmful microorganisms. Just a short exposure of 5-minutes to this UV light pattern is enough to kill most bacteria, viruses, and mold.
Why should CPAP masks and humidifier chambers be disinfected?
Masks and CPAP Humidifiers operate in a high moisture environment. This environment is conducive to the growth of mold, bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms that can be harmful. Sleep specialists and doctors encourage the daily disinfecting of CPAP equipment to prevent patients from getting sick. Many patients often forget or simply do not invest the time to use mild soapy water to clean their CPAP accessories. The Lumin allows you to easily clean and sanitize daily in a very short amount of time. While you are brushing your teeth or washing your hands, you can be sanitizing your CPAP mask or dentures.
Does the Lumin CPAP UV cleaner use ozone?
Unlike many other CPAP cleaning device, this appliance does not use ozone which can damage your lungs when inhaled. The federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) indicates that ozone used as a cleaner is a harmful risk to the public. (See EPA Indoor Air Quality and Ozone Generators) 3B Medical designed a CPAP cleansing device that uses the safest and fastest way to disinfect. The Lumin e is also effective in disinfecting dentures, mouth guards, and other devices that require frequent disinfecting. The short duration required by this simple disinfecting device helps to ensure user compliance with the disinfecting process. The exceptionally low maintenance requirement is also another important factor in the design of this cleansing device. People are more likely to employ disinfecting procedures regularly when the process is simple, safe, and not time-consuming.
What are the symptoms from using a dirty CPAP machine?
- Chronic cold symptoms
- Chronic running nose
- Postnasal drip
- Skin irritation
- Skin infections where the CPAP mask is worn
How effective is UV light for disinfecting?
There are numerous medical studies about the use of UV light to cleanse and disinfect. The use of UV light includes disinfecting sewage,1 waste water,2 drinking water,3 food processing,4 juice processing,5 homeland security,6 and medical applications.7
- 1 Oliver, Barry G., and Ernest G. Cosgrove. "The disinfection of sewage treatment plant effluents using ultraviolet light." The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering 53.2 (1975): 170-174. (Last Accessed May-29-2020)
- 2 Qualls, Robert G., Michael P. Flynn, and J. Donald Johnson. "The role of suspended particles in ultraviolet disinfection." Journal (Water Pollution Control Federation) (1983): 1280-1285. (Last Accessed May-29-2020)
- 3 Christensen, Jason, and Karl G. Linden. "How particles affect UV light in the UV disinfection of unfiltered drinking water." Journal‐American Water Works Association 95.4 (2003): 179-189. (Last Accessed May-29-2020)
- 4 Guerrero-Beltr· n, J. A., and G. V. Barbosa-C· novas. "Advantages and limitations on processing foods by UV light." Food science and technology international 10.3 (2004): 137-147. (Last Accessed May-29-2020)
- 5 Koutchma, Tatiana, et al. "Ultraviolet disinfection of juice products in laminar and turbulent flow reactors." Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies 5.2 (2004): 179-189. (Last Accessed May-29-2020)
- 6 Bettles, Tim, et al. "UV light emitting diodes; their applications and benefits." IUVA News 9.2 (2007): Page 14. (Last Accessed May-29-2020)
- 7 Bettles, Page 15. (Last Accessed May-29-2020)
Introduction to the Lumin CPAP Sanitizer Video (2:04 minutes)
Introduction to the Lumin CPAP Sanitizer Video (4:44 minutes)
Ozone Free CPAP Cleaner Video 1:03 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Manuals & Documents
- Community Q&A