2-Piece Drainable Pouches
A Two Piece Drainable Pouch is an ostomy pouch that works with a skin barrier (also sometimes called a baseplate or a wafer) to attach the pouch.
- Each drainable ostomy pouch has a tail that can be unrolled and rolled up at will and held firmly in place with an ostomy clip/closure.
- These pouches are simple and easy to drain: simply unclip the bag, unroll the tail and empty the content.
- To roll up the tail, gently pinch the sides of the bag, carefully roll up the tail and clip it securely in place.
- Most drainable ostomy pouches come with complimentary tail closures, although extra closures can be ordered.
- A two piece drainable pouch is designed with an easy to use snap-on/snap-off design to allow you to quickly and effectively change your bag as needed.
- A comfortable skin barrier is designed to adhere around your stoma to provide a hassle-free, non-invasive user experience as you continue about your daily activities.
There are several different types of two piece drainable ostomy pouches. Some of the most popular types include the following:
- Pouches with filters to effectively control and reduce odor and gas build-up.
- Opaque pouches to conceal the contents of the pouch.
- Transparent pouches to allow wearers to view the contents of the pouch.
- Pouches with 1-Sided Comfort Panel or 2-Sided Comfort Panel to provide a completely comfortable user experience.
- Mini Drainable Pouches for patients who prefer a smaller pouch or for patients who have a decreased amount of output. Can also be used for shorter periods of time or for swimming and intimate moments.
- Maxi Drainable Pouches for patients with a high level of output or for bariatric patients.
We carry many different types of 2-piece drainable ostomy pouch products from several different manufacturers, such as:
- Hollister Medical: Hollister Medical offers an expansive range of ostomy pouching systems as well as a complete range of ostomy accessories. Hollister Medical products are committed to providing ostomy patients with a high level of care.
- Coloplast: Coloplast is well-known in the ostomy community for providing quality products including pouches, skin barriers and wafers. Coloplast also offers quality ostomy and ileostomy pouches (including both one-piece and two-piece systems). Coloplast is a great resource if you're searching for a full range of ostomy product selection.
- ConvaTec: ConvaTec offers a wide assortment of ostomy pouches and accessories that are affordable and manufactured with quality. ConvaTec offers a wide range of ostomy products, including ostomy pouches, cut-to-fit wafers, protective powders, deodorizers, and much more.