XPhe, XTyr Analog is a Nutrition Supplement designed for infants. XPhe, XTyr Analog is formulated to be phenylalanine-free, tyrosine-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, and fructose free. XPhe, XTyr Analog is used for the dietary management of tyrosinemia. Manufactured by Nutricia, XPhe, XTyr Analog contains a balanced mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements other than phenylalanine and tyrosine. XPhe, XTyr Analog is indicated for infants with tyrosinemia, when plasma methionine levels are normal.
XPhe, XTyr Analog Infant Formula for Tyrosinemia Features & Benefits
- Helps infants with tyrosinemia, when plasma methionine levels are normal.
- XPhe, XTyr Analog provides 13 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder.
- Unflavored powder.
- Phenylalanine- and tyrosine-free.
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements (including iron, selenium and chromium)
XPhe, XTyr Analog Infant Formula for Tyrosinemia Specifications
- XPhe, XTyr Analog Product Number: 118301.
- Size: 14 Ounce.
- Container Type: Can.
- Flavor: Unflavored.
- Calories Per Serving: 475.
- Users: Infants.
- Application: Infant Formula
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: XPhe, XTyr Analog .
- HCPCS Code: B4162.
XPhe, XTyr Analog Ingredients
Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Refined Vegetable Oil (Coconut, Soy), L-Lysine-L-Glutamate, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Leucine, L-Proline, L-Arginine, L-Valine, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, L-Aspartic Acid, Galactose, L-Threonine, Tripotassium Citrate, L-Serine, Calcium Phosphate Monobasic, L-Alanine, L-Histidine, Mono and Diglycerides, L-Cystine, L-Tryptophan, Sodium Chloride, L-Methionine, Magnesium Acetate, Potassium Chloride, Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Monoglycerides, Tricalcium Citrate, L-Glutamine, Choline Bitartrate, M-Inositol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Soy Lecithin, L-Glutamic Acid, Calcium Phosphate Tribasic, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Nicotinamide, DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Acetate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Chromium Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin, Sodium Hydrogen Selenite, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
- Tyrosinemia, when plasma methionine levels are normal.
Preparation & Administration
Analog metabolic infant formulas must be consumed in conjunction with a whole protein source (e.g. breast milk or standard infant formula) in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to meet complete protein requirements and ensure normal growth.
Formula dosage will vary depending on the age, body weight, medical condition and protein tolerance of the infant.
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean preparation area. Sterilize bottle feeding system.
- Boil water for 5 minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist.
- Add the prescribed amount of Analog powder and a protein source to the sterilized feeding bottle. For accuracy, Analog should be weighed on a gram scale. If using the provided scoop, fill it and level off with a clean, dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop.
- Pour the required amount of cooled, boiled water into feeding bottle. To make the recommended dilution (21 kcal/oz), Analog requires 1 fl oz (30 mL) of water for every 5 g (1 unpacked, level scoop) of powder. Place cap on bottle and shake until powder has dissolved.
- Make sure the formula is lukewarm by placing a few drops on your wrist.
Formula prepared in advance must be cooled rapidly, stored in the refrigerator (35°F to 40°F) and used within 24 hours of preparation. Shake immediately before use. Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Tube feeding "hang time" should not exceed 4 hours.
- Must only be consumed by infants with proven tyrosinemia while under strict medical supervision. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
- Store unopened can at room temperature.
- Do not store at extreme temperatures.
- Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!