XMTVI Maxamum is a Medical Food for children 9 years old and above. Manufactured by Nutricia, XMTVI Maxamum contains a balanced mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements except for methionine, threonine, valine and isoleucine. XMTVI Maxamum is formulated to be free of methionine, threonine, and valine and is low in isoleucine for the dietary management of MMA and PPA. This Nutrition Supplement serves children above 8 years old including adolescents, adults, and pregnant women. XMTVI Maxamum is indicated for individuals with Vitamin B12 non-responsive methylmalonic academia or propionic academia.
XMTVI Maxamum MMA and PPA Features & Benefits
- Pleasant orange flavored powder.
- Does not contain fat thereby allowing greater flexibility in modifying energy intake.
- XMTVI Maxamum provides 40 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder.
- Helps individuals with Vitamin B12 non-responsive methylmalonic academia or propionic academia.
XMTVI Maxamum MMA and PPA Ages 8+ Years Specifications
- XMTVI Maxamum Product Number: 117779.
- Size: 1 Pound.
- Container Type: Can.
- Flavor: Orange.
- The osmolality of XMTVI Maxamum:
- 1 to 5 dilution = 1000 mosm/kg.
- 1 to 7 dilution = 690 mosm/kg.
- Users: Children and Adults.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: XMTVI Maxamum.
- UNSPSC Code: 51191900.
- HCPCS Code: B4157.
XMTVI Maxamum Ingredients
Sugar, L-Lysine L-Glutamate, L-Leucine, Corn Syrup Solids, L-Alanine, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Histidine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, L-Serine, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Magnesium Acetate, Glycine, L-Proline, L-Cystine, L-Tryptophan, Tripotassium Citrate, Choline Bitartrate, Sodium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Disodium Hydrogen Phosphate, Dipotassium Hydrogen Phosphate, L-Glutamine, Tricalcium Phosphate, L-Glutamic Acid, Taurine, L-Ascorbic Acid, M-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Artificial Colors (Beta-Carotene, Beet Red), Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
- Vitamin B12 non-responsive methylmalonic acidemia
- Propionic academia
The quantity of XMTVI Maxamum and the dilution should be determined by a clinician or a dietitian only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight, and medical condition of the patient.
The diet must be supplemented with some natural protein and other nutrients in medically prescribed quantities to meet the methionine, threonine, valine, isoleucine and general nutrient requirements of the
Preparation & Administration
The recommended dilution is 1 to 5 (i.e. 20g XMTVI Maxamum plus 100ml water). It is advised for osmotically sensitive patients to start with a 1 to 7 dilution.
1. Add a small amount of water to the prescribed amount of XMTVI Maxamum. Stir with a fork until a smooth paste is obtained.
2. Continue stirring whilst adding the remaining volume of water.
XMTVI Maxamum can be taken as a chilled drink. It can also be taken as a paste, additional water or diluted drinks must be consumed at the same time. XMTVI Maxamum may also be flavored with a separate flavor from the Nutricia flavor range.
- Use under medical supervision.
- Not suitable for use as a sole source of nutrition.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable for infants.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once opened use within one month.
- Additional Information
Invacare Continuing Care Nutricia
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!