XMet Maxamaid is a Nutrition Supplement for young children. Manufactured by Nutricia, XMet Maxamaid contains a balanced mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Available in powdered form, XMet Maxamaid is used for the dietary management of vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria or hypermethioninemia. This nutrition supplement is formulated for toddlers and young children.
XMet Maxamaid Features & Benefits
- Age-appropriate DRI formulation.
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- XMet Maxamaid provides 25 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder.
- Tasty orange flavored powder.
- Does not contain fat thereby allowing greater flexibility in modifying energy intake.
XMet Maxamaid Specifications
- XMet Maxamaid Product Number: 117787.
- Size: 1 Pound.
- Container: Can.
- Flavor: Orange.
- Calories Per Serving: 324.
- Application: Powdered Medical Food.
- Preparation: Ready-to-mix.
- User: Pediatric.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: XMet Maxamaid.
- UNSPSC Code: 42231801
- HCPCS Code: B4162.
XMet Maxamaid Indications
- Vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria.
XMet Maxamaid Ingredients
Sugar, Corn Syrup Solids, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Arginine L-Aspartate, L-leucine, L-Lysine Acetate, Citric Acid, Tripotassium Citrate, L-Proline, L-Valine, Artificial Flavors, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, L-Threonine, L-Glutamine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, L-Serine, L-Alanine, L-Histidine, Maltodextrin, Disodium Hydrogen Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Acetate, L-Cystine, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Magnesium L-Aspartate, L-Ascorbic Acid, Tricalcium Phosphate, M-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, L-Carnitine, DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Artificial Colors (Beta-Carotene, Beet Red), Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
XMet Maxamaid Preparation
Maxamaid must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to meet protein and general nutrition requirements. Fat, carbohydrate and low protein sources may be used to supply needed calories and to fulfill essential fatty acid requirements.
Maxamaid intake will vary depending on the age, body weight and medical condition of the individual. Intake is adjusted to maintain normal growth and development.
Maxamaid is best served as a chilled drink with meals. Make a paste of the prescribed amount of powder with a small volume of water. For accuracy, Maxamaid should be weighed on a gram scale. Gradually add sufficient water to yield the prescribed volume. It is recommended that Maxamaid initially be reconstituted at a 1 to 7 dilution (e.g. 100 g of Maxamaid and 700 mL of water). It can however be given in a more concentrated form (e.g. at a 1 to 5 dilution or in paste form), according to taste preferences. Additional fluids should then be offered at the same time.
Reconstituted formula should be stored in the refrigerator and used within 24 hours.
Maxamaid Range (Flavored & Unflavored)
- Must only be consumed by children with proven hypermethioninemia and vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria while under strict medical supervision. Not intended for children under one year of age. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
- Store unopened can at room temperature. Do not store at extreme temperatures. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!