XLeu Maxamum is a powdered Medical Food used for the dietary management of isovaleric acidemia. Manufactured by Nutricia, XLeu Maxamum is also useful for treating leucine metabolism disorders. This leucine-free formulation is designed for adults and older children. XLeu Maxamum is also used for dietary management of pregnant women and child-bearing aged women. Orange flavored XLeu Maxamum
is useful for modifying energy intake.
XLeu Maxamum Features & Benefits
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements
- Does not contain fat thereby allowing greater flexibility in modifying energy intake.
- XLeu Maxamum provides 40 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder
- Age-appropriate DRI formulation.
- Tasty orange flavored.
- Easy to use powdered formula.
XLeu Maxamum Specifications
- XLeu Maxamum Product Number: 117790.
- Size: 1 Pound.
- Container Type: Can.
- Flavor: Orange.
- Calories Per Serving: 305.
- Application: Powdered Medical Food for Dietary Management of Isovaleric Acidemia.
- Preparation: Ready to Mix.
- User: Adults and Children over 9 years old.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: XLeu.
- HCPCS Code: B4157.
XLeu Maxamum Ingredients
Sugar, L-Lysine L-Glutamate, L-Proline, Glycine, Corn Syrup Solids, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Phenylalanine, Artificial Flavor, L-Tyrosine, L-Alanine, L-Threonine, Citric Acid, L-Histidine , L-Serine, Magnesium Acetate, L-Valine, L-Cystine, L-Isoleucine, Tripotassium Citrate, Choline Bitartrate, Sodium Chloride, L-Methionine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Tryptophan, Soy Lecithin, Disodium Hydrogen Phosphate, Dipotassium Hydrogen Phosphate, L-Glutamine, Tricalcium Phosphate, Taurine, L-Ascorbic Acid, M-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Dpantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Artificial Colors (Beta-Carotene, Beet Red), Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
- Isovaleric academia.
- Other proven disorders of leucine metabolism.
Directions for Preparation and Use
- Maxamum must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a physician or dietitian to meet protein and general nutrient requirements.
- The recommended intake of Maxamum will vary depending on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the individual. Intake should be adjusted to maintain normal growth and development. For accuracy, Maxamum should be weighed on a gram scale. The daily intake of Maxamum should be divided into equal portions and distributed throughout the day.
- Maxamum is best served with meals. Make a paste of the prescribed amount of powder with a small volume of chilled water. Gradually add sufficient water to make the desired volume. It is recommended that Maxamum be prepared at a 1 to 7 dilution (e.g. 35 g (approx ¼ cup) of powder plus 245 mL (approx. 8 fl oz) of water) and advanced to a 1 to 5 dilution (e.g. 35 g (approx ¼ cup) of powder plus 175 mL (approx. 6 fl oz) of water). These dilutions are guidelines only. Maxamum may be given in a more concentrated form (e.g. drink or paste). If so, water or diluted drinks should be offered at the same time. For best taste, consume immediately. Larger volumes of prepared drink mix should be refrigerated and used within 24 hours or preparation.
- Must only be consumed by individuals with proven isovaleric acidemia while under strict medical supervision. Not intended for children under nine years of age. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
- Store unopened can at room temperature. Do not store at extreme temperatures. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!