Power wheelchairs, by Drive Medical, are renown for quality in design, comfort and practicality. The Wildcat 450 is an example of a quality design in power mobility. This model is lightweight, easy to transport, and provides a well-padded seating area with numerous adjustments to make the ride more comfortable. It also comes complete with a positioning belt for added safety.
The Wildcat 450 has a lightweight steel frame that can be folded up for transportation or storage. From the top of the chair there are handles for one to push the user in the chair. The seat back is made of padded upholstery that includes a storage pouch and cushioned seat. The armrests are padded, adjustable, and completely removable. An adjustable length controller mount that comes with the chair can be mounted on either arm. This will allow quick access to the toggle control and power buttons that make up the included programmable controller.
At the bottom of the power wheelchair are the swing-away footrests that come complete with the calf strap. The tires are flat-free and non-marking. The chair also comes with wheel locks. The Wildcat 450 also allows an optional elevating leg rests that are sold separately.
Wildcat 450 Features and Benefits
- The chair has an adjustable length controller mount that can be affixed to either the left or right armrest.
- The armrests are also height adjustable.
- It has heavy duty, flat-free, non-marking tires included.
- The chair's lightweight steel frame can be folded to a compact 13 inches width for easy portability, transport and storage.
- Its manual wheel locks for additional safety.
- The nylon seat and back upholstery offers a breathable seating surface, reducing heat and moisture build-up.
- The extra-wide padded, flip-up armrests allow for easy transfers and access for the user.
- The chair has a padded, fold-down backrest and cushioned seat.
- It comes complete with a programmable controller.
- The seat back storage pouch can attach to the frame for any take-along items for user or caregiver.
- It comes standard with anti-tip wheels for added safety.
- The chair comes with a standard positioning belt for added safety.
- Also includes swing-away footrests and calf strap.
Wildcat 450 Specifications
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Manufacturer Number: WILDCAT450BK24SS
- Batteries: Two 12V x 50AH
- Brakes: Electromagnetic
- Charger: 5 Amp Off board
- Climbing Angle: 6 degrees
- Controller: Dynamic Shark 60A
- Rear Wheels 12.5" x 2.25"
- Width: 26.5
- Floor to Seat Height: 19 Inches
- Front Wheels: 9 Inch Diameter x 2.5 Inch Width
- Shipping Dimensions:
- Length: 42 Inch
- Width: 14 Inch
- Height: 37 Inch
- Ground Clearance: 4 Inches
- Height: 40 Inches
- Length: 48 Inches
- Max Range: 20 miles
- Max Speed: 4 mph
- Motor: Two 24V x 350W x 3800rpm
- Turning Radius: 41"
- Product Weight Capacity: 450 lbs
- Limited Lifetime on Frame
- 14 Month Limited on Electronics
- 6 Month Limited on Controller and Drive Train components
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsTOTAL WEIGHT OF WHEELCHAIR?
WEIGHT CARRYING CAPACITY?
BATTERY TYPE, SIZE, CHARGE TIME,TRAVEL DISTANCE PER CHARGE?
FOLDED DIMENSIONSQuestion by: GALE BACH on Apr 1, 2015 8:05:00 PMHello Gale: The total weight of the wheelchair with its battery is 173 pounds; without the battery it weighs 100 pounds. Weight Capacity: 450 pounds. Battery: Type: 12V 50AH; size and charge time not available. Travel Distance per Charge: 20 miles. Folded dimensions not available.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 27, 2016 1:59:00 PMQuestion by: Ronald Bussei on May 7, 2017 9:22:00 AM