Vivonex RTF is a complete elemental formula for oral consumption or tube feeding. Vivonex RTF Ready-to-Feed is a 100% free amino acids diet for total enteral nutrition to treat patients with severely compromised GI. Useful in stressed, catabolic patients, Vivonex RTF may be used post-operatively as an enteral alternative to TPN and may also benefit patients with gastrointestinal impairment. Vivonex RTF is appropriate for lactose-free, gluten-free, low-residue and kosher diets. Not for individuals with galactosemia.
Vivonex RTF Features and Benefits
- 100% free amino acid diet for severely compromised GI patients.
- Only 10% calories from fat to support tolerance and reduce pancreatic stimulation.
- Useful in stressed, catabolic patients.
- Requires minimal digestive functionality for assimilation while providing benefits associated with continued use of the GI tract.
- Can be used for tube feeding or oral supplementation.
- Closed system with SpikeRight® PLUS port, the first available proximal-end enteral connector system designed to be incompatible with IV equipment.
- Appropriate for these diets: lactose-free, gluten-free, low-residue and kosher. Not for individuals with galactosemia.
Vivonex RTF Specifications
- Vivonex RTF Product Numbers: 36250000, 36280100, 4390036283.
- Flavor Options: Unflavored.
- Sizes: 250 mL, 1000 mL or 1500 mL.
- kcal/mL: 1.0.
- Protein Source: free amino acids (29% from BCAA).
- Caloric Distribution (% of kcal)
- Protein: 20%
- Carbohydrate: 70%
- Fat: 10%
- Appropriate for these diets: lactose intolerance and gluten-free. Not for individuals with galactosemia .
- NPC:N Ratio 111:1.
- MCT:LCT Ratio 40:60.
- n6:n3 Ratio 6.7:1.
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg water):630.
- Renal Solute Load (mOsm/L): 255.
- Water 85%
- Meets 100% RDI for 24 key micronutrients: 1500 mL.
- L-arginine: 5.9 g/L
- Container Type: Tetra Prisma, SpikeRight® PLUS UltraPak® Bag.
- Manufacturer: Nestle.
- Brand: Vivonex RTF.
- HCPCS code: B4153.
Vivonex RTF Nutritional Support
- Severely impaired GI function:
- Severe protein, fat malabsorption
- Transitional feeding
- Extensive bowel resection
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Select trauma/surgery
- Early post-operative feeding
- Intestinal failure
- Trophic feeding
- TPN alternative
- Dual feeding with TPN
This product is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision.
It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Vivonex RTF Ingredients
- Water, Maltodextrin and less than 2% of Modified Cornstarch, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Leucine, Soybean Oil, L-Arginine, L-Glutamic Acid, Medium Chain Triglycerides (from Coconut and/or Palm Kernel Oil), Calcium Glycerophosphate, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Proline, L-Histidine Hydrochloride, L-Methionine, Glycine, L-Tryptophan, Carrageenan, Dextrose, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Citrate, L-Aspartic Acid, Citric Acid, L-Serine, Choline Bitartate, L-Alanine, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Salt, Potassium Chloride, L-Tyrosine, Taurine, L-Carnitine, L-Cystine, Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Ferric Orthophosphate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Vitamin A Palmitate, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Gluconate, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Phytonadione, Vitamin B12.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!