Other Vital product(s)
Vital 1.5 Cal is a peptide-based elemental nutrition formula that's part of the Vital therapeutic line for gastrointesinal dysfunction for either tube feeding or as an oral nutrition supplement. Manufactured by Abbott Nutrition, Vital 1.5 is useful for managing mal-digestion, mal-absorption, GI intolerance or impaired GI function.
The unique formula in Vital 1.5 promotes tolerance with advanced blend of hydrolyzed peptide-based protein, combined with Abbott Nutrition's bend of prebiotic NutraFlora® scFOS® to promote good bacteria in colon for digestive health. Structured lipids from MCT/Canola Oil are also added to promote absorption. The formula has increased antioxidants vitamin C and vitamin E to combat free radical damage in cells. It's packed with nutrition containing 24 vitamins and minerals to provide sole-source nutrition and concentrated calories for fluid-restricted patients.
It's available in 8 oz cans or 1000 mL ready-to-hang bottles for enteral feeding. Vital should be used under the direction of a medical professional and only one feeding set per patient to avoid contamination.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Precautions, Ingredients, Preparation, Nutrition Information
Features & Benefits
- Elevated Antioxidants
- 24 Essential Vitamins and Minerals
- Promotes Digestive Health
- Supports Nutrition Absorption
- Reduces Free Radical Damage
- Provides Sole-Source Nutrition
- Item Numbers: 56279, 62713
- Size Options: 8 Ounce, 1000 mL
- Container: Can, Ready-to Hang Bottle
- Flavor: Vanilla
- Application: Oral or Tube-Feeding
- Suitable for Lactose Intolerance.
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Brand: Vital
- UNSPSC Code: 42231803
- HCPCS Code: B4153
- Nutrition Guide 1.5 Cal
- Do not use for gravity feeding.
- Not for patients with galatosemia.
- Not to administered through IV.
- Feeding sets are for single-patient only to avoid contamination.
Liquid Vanilla: Water, Maltodextrin, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Structured Lipid (Interesterified Canola Oil & Medium Chain Triglycerides), Sugar (Sucrose), Partially Hydrolyzed Sodium Caseinate, Canola Oil, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Short-Chain Fructooligosaccharides, Natural & Artificial Flavors, DATEM, Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Cellulose Gel, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Carrageenan, Sucralose, Magnesium Chloride, Cellulose Gum, L-Carnitine, Taurine, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Cyanocobalamin, Phylloquinone, and Vitamin D3. Contains milk ingredients.
8 oz Can
- Store Vital 1.5 cans at room temperature and avoid extreme temperatures.
- Shake well before consuming.
- Clean top of container thoroughly before opening can to avoid contamination.
- Once opened, cover and refrigerate and dispose within 48 hours.
- Contact physician for flow rate and volume.
- Store at room temperature and avoid extreme temperatures.
- Adjust flow rate and volume according to patient's condition and tolerance.
- Feed by pump using an 8 Fr or larger tube. Do not use for gravity feeding.
- Consult physician if additional fluid requirements are needed before and after feedings or when flushing the tube.
- Always use careful handling and use safety protocols during preparation and use.
Always follow clean techniques and proper setup to reduce the potential for microbial contamination which could reduce hangtime.
- For pump feeding use an 8 Fr or larger tube. It is NOT recommended for gravity feeding.
- Feeding should be administered with product at room temperature.
- Make sure to thoroughly wash hands with soap and water before handling container or feeding set.
- Shake well for at least ten seconds and turn container upside down.
- Avoid contamination by NOT touching any part of the container or feeding set that comes into contact with the formula.
- Adjust flow rate and volume according to physician's recommendations for the patient.
- Also consult with physician about additional fluid requirements between or after feedings or when flushing the tube.
Enteral Feeding Set:
- Remove the dust cover from the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap.
- Remove the dust cover from the safety connector on the feeding set.
- Insert the safety connector into the port on the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap to pierce foil.
- Turning clockwise until safety connector is securely fastened.
- Close clamp on set before inverting it by using ring on the ready-to-feed container.
- From time of setup, hang Vital 1.5 Cal up to 48 hours.
Vital 1.5 Cal Nutrition Information:
Volume 8 fl oz 1000 mL Calories 355 1500 Protein 16 grams 67.5 grams Fat 13.5 grams 57.1 grams Carbohydrates 44.2 grams 187 grams Dietary Fiber 1.4 grams 6.0 grams L-Carnitine 35 mg 150 mg Taurine 35 mg 150 mg Water 181 grams 764 grams Vitamin A 1540 IU 6500 IU Vitamin D 95 IU 400 IU Vitamin E 24 IU 100 IU Vitamin K 19 mcg 80 mcg Vitamin C 120 mg 500 mg Vitamin B12 2.8 mcg 12 mcg Vitamin B6 1.4 mg 6.0 mg Niacin 9.5 mg 40 mg Biotin 140 mcg 600 mcg Pantothenic Acid 4.7 mg 20 mg Sodium 355 mg 1500 mg Potassium 475 mg 2000 mg Chloride 355 mg 1500 mg Calcium 235 mg 1000 mg Phosphorus 235 mg 1000 mg Magnesium 95 mg 400 mg Iodine 35 mcg 150 mcg Manganese 1.2 mg 5.0 mg Copper 0.47 mg 2.0 mg Iron 4.3 mg 18 mg Zinc 7.1 mg 30 mg Selenium 19 mcg 80 mcg Chromium 28 mcg 120 mcg Molybdenum 43 mcg 180 mcg
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Vital
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!