Tyrex®-1 is an Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula by Abbott Nutrition that's fortified with iron for infants one year of age and younger with tyrosinemia types I, II, and III. This condition can cause kidney and liver damage due to the inability to metabolize amino acid tyrosinemia. Tyrex 1 Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula has been specifically designed for infants with this condition and is tyrosine-free. It's also phenylalanine-free in order for greater tolerance to intact protein. The infant formula is fortified with iron for healthy growth and development of baby. It contains 100 grams of L-carnitine and 100 grams of taurine to mimic diets with animal protein. The formula has 6.6 percent of energy from linolenic acid and provides adequate amounts of all nutrients when protocols are followed. Tyrex 1 is not intended as sole source nutrition. For toddlers, children, and adults use Tyrex-2 Amino Acid-Modified Medical Food.
Features, Benefits, Ingredients, Safety Precautions, Preparation, Nutrition Information
Features and Benefits:
- Specifically Designed for Infants
- Phenylalanine and Tyrosine-Free
- Iron-Fortified to Support Growth and Development
- Added L-Carnitine and Taurine
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Number: 51128
- Weight: 14.1 oz Canister
- Quantity: Case of 6
- Flavor: Unflavored
- Tyrex-1 Nutrition Guide
Powder Unflavored: Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Soy Oil. Less than 2% of the Following: LLeucine, L-Proline, L-Lysine Acetate, Calcium Phosphate, L-Arginine, DATEM, L-Glutamine, L-Valine, LIsoleucine, L-Alanine, Potassium Phosphate, Glycine, L-Asparagine, L-Serine, L-Threonine, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, L-Histidine, L-Methionine, Calcium Carbonate, L-Glutamic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, L-Tryptophan, L-Aspartic Acid, Choline Chloride, Taurine, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, L-Carnitine, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Mixed Tocopherols, Calcium Pantothenate, Salt, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Phylloquinone, Sodium Selenate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
- Use under medical supervision and can only be given to infants with tyrosinemia types I, II, or III.
- Formula must be supplemented with prescribed amounts of protein and fluid to meet the phenylalanine, tyrosine and water requirements.
- When formula is mixed with water, do not boil contents or use terminal sterilization.
- Formula is not for sole-source of nutrition.
- Formula is for oral consumption and not for IV use.
- Do not microwave formula to warm contents as serious burns can result.
- Powdered infant formulas are not sterile and should not be fed to premature infants or infants with compromised immune systems unless directed by pediatrician.
Proper hygiene and handling is critical when preparing infant formula. Ask pediatrician if you need to use sterile water or cooled water to prepare formula as well as sterilize the bottle components.
- Begin with washing hands, surfaces and utensils.
- Pour designated amount of water into a clean container.
- Add correlating amount of Tyrex-1 powder.
- Shake contents for 10-15 seconds or no more than 5 seconds in an electric blender.
- Pour mixture into clean cup.
- It's best when serve chilled.
- Use within one hour or discard.
Approximate Weights for Unpacked, Level U.S. Standard Dry Household Measures for Powder*
Household Measure (US) Weight (g) 1 Tbsp 8 1/4 Cup 30 1/3 Cup 40 1/2 Cup 60 1 Cup 120
* For most accurate results, Tyrex-1 should be weighed on a scale that reads in grams.
Storage and Handling:
- Once powder has been mixed with water, store unused contents in refrigerator and use within 24 hours
- Store unopened or opened can at room temperature.
- Avoid exposing can to extreme temperatures.
- Use opened can contents within 1 month.
Tyrex-1 Nutrition Information:
Volume 100 g Powder Calories 480 Protein Equivalent Source L-Amino Acids Fat Source High Oleic Safflower, Coconut and Soy Oils Osmolality 380 mOsm/kg H2O Carbohydrate Source Corn Syrup Solids Fat 14 grams Protein Equivalent 15 grams Linolenic Acid 3500 mg Linoleic Acid 350 mg Carbohydrates 53 grams Vitamin A 1400 IU Vitamin A 420 mcg RE Vitamin D 300 IU Vitamin D 7.5 mcg Vitamin E 15 IU Vitamin E 10.1 mg alpha-TE Vitamin K 50 mcg Vitamin C 50 mg Vitamin B12 4.9 mcg Vitamin B6 750 mcg Thiamin Vitamin B1 1900 mcg Folic Acid 230 mcg Niacin 10000 mcg Niacin 12.8 mg NE Biotin 65 mcg Choline 80 mg Pantothenic Acid 6900 mcg Calcium 575 mg Phosphorus 400 mg Magnesium 50 mg Iodine 65 mcg Inositol 40 mg Manganese 500 mcg Iron 9 mg Zinc 8 mg Selenium 20 mcg Chromium 11 mcg Molybdenum 12 mcg Sodium 190 mg Sodium 8.3 mEq Potassium 675 mg Potassium 17.3 mEq Chloride 375 mg Chloride 9.2 mEq
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!