Foam seat cushions are not often good enough for most daily wheelchair users. The Titanium Gel/Foam Wheelchair Cushion, by Drive Medical, however, incorporates two types of materials: foam and gel, which will provide comfort, security and potentially keeping pressure sores from developing.
The Titanium Gel wheelchair cushion is designed to redistribute weight away from the typical pressure points on the seat so those areas do not get irritated. It distributes it across the seat so the buttocks and legs are getting a more even amount of pressure. It has a top layer of foam, combined with a dual chamber bladder containing gel. The next layer is a high-density foam layer to keep the user sitting with good posture by allowing the proper amount of sinking into the material.
This Drive Medical wheelchair cushion has a two leg depressions and a middle pommel for comfortable ergonomic shape. It will work as an abductor for the legs.
The Titanium Gel/Foam Cushion cover is made of stretch nylon that will resist moisture and staining. It also has counter shear properties so as not to irritate the skin. The bottom of the cover is a non-skin bottom that will help the pad stay in place for additional stability. This pad also comes in many different dimensions to fit nearly all wheelchair seat shapes.
Titanium Gel/Foam Wheelchair Cushion Features and Benefits
- It has a low-shear, fluid-resistant stretch nylon cover helps to maintain sensitive skin tissue.
- The middle layer is of a high-resilient, high-density foam that encourages proper patient posture by allowing the patient to immerse into the cushion.
- The non-skid bottom offers additional stability.
- The pommel acts as a built-in leg abductor
- The Titanium cushion is specifically designed to offer superior pressure redistribution and positioning.
- The top layer of foam is combined with a dual-chamber gel bladder.
Titanium Gel/Foam Wheelchair Cushion Specifications
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Cover Material: Polyurethane
- Product Weight Capacity: 275 lbs (Up to 20 Inch Width), 500 lbs (22 Inches and Up)
- HCPCS: E2607
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited
- Product Numbers: FPT-1, FPT-2, FPT-3, FPT-4, FPT-5, FPT-6, FPT-7, and FPT-8
- Additional Information
Invacare Continuing Care Drive Medical
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!