The Silflex Silicone Wound Contact Layer Dressing by Advancis Medical can be used as a primary dressing to treat a variety of wounds including skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical wounds, second degree burns, lacerations, or pressure ulcers. These comfortable dressings have a soft silicone coating that can be applied directly to the wound without sticking to the affected area. This decreases the pain associated with bandage removal. The silicone coating is also hydrophobic, which helps keep the wound dry while it is healing. The breathable mesh allows for the passage of wound drainage as the healing process begins and the bandage can be kept in place for up to 14 days, depending on the wound.
The bandage can be cut down with sharp scissors to fit the wound and the conforming material of the dressing can be applied to any area of the body. A secondary adhesive bandage such as bordered gauze or composite dressings can then be applied to secure the contact layer.
Wound Contact Layer Dressing Features and Benefits
- Can be cut to size
- Allows passage of wound drainage
- Can be kept in place for up to 14 days
- Gently sticks to skin but not wound bed, reduces pain of dressing change
- Very soft and conforms to the skin
- Hydrophobic coating
Wound Contact Layer Dressing Specifications
- Manufacturer: Advancis Medical
- Material: Polyester mesh, atraumatic soft silicone
- Uses: skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical wounds, second degree burns, lacerations, leg and pressure ulcers, topical negative pressure
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Advancis Medical
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!