Span-America Medical Systems' PressureGuard APM2 air pressure mattress features technology to prevent -- or help treat -- skin break down, while promoting proper circulation and enhancing comfort. Ideal for home or healthcare facilities, the PressureGuard APM2 contains four pressure-reducing, head-to-foot length air cylinders. These provide two therapy modes for overall well-being and repositioning.
Two Therapy Modes -- Twice the Value:
Flipping a side-mounted toggle switch engages one of the PressureGuard APM2's two therapy modes for greater treatment flexibility and enhanced comfort.
Alternating Pressure Mode: Alternating pairs of twin cylinders continuously inflate and deflate. According to the manufacturer, this makes improved circulation possible.
Lateral Rotation Mode: One bank of twin cylinders inflates while the other deflates to gently rotate an occupant.
To facilitate therapy, select models of the PressureGuard APM2 are available with a deluxe and easy-to-use digital multifunction control unit. The quiet control unit enables caregivers to select comfort level and operating mode, including a "float mode" for powered flotation therapy. The control unit for this pressure reduction mattress also features power and low-pressure audible alarms. Three different lengths of pressure relief mattresses are available.
Pressure Management Technology:
On its very top layer, the PressureGuard APM2 features a fluid-proof bacteriostatic cover that inhibits bacteria reproduction. Beneath it are several key elements that have been optimized to maximize occupant well-being and separate Span-America's pressure management mattress from traditional designs.
GeoMatt Overlay: Consisting of more than 800 individually articulating cells, the GeoMatt redistributes pressure, reducing both heat and skin moisture buildup. The cells also accommodate bony prominences.
Patented Shear Transfer Zone Technology: Three silicone-coated, shear-minimizing bands lie underneath the scapula, sacrum and heels. These delicate areas are protected from shearing because the zones' fabric and design enable occupants to smoothly glide between positions on the mattress. Without these transfer zones, movement on a mattress can lead to skin-damaging shearing. This is a mechanical force in which skin is externally pulled in a direction parallel to the body and internally pulled in another direction by underlying bones.
Vitality Medical provides a full array of care items for damaged skin, such as Molnlycke's Mepilex Self-Adherent Foam Dressing.
PressureGuard APM2 Additional Features and Benefits:
- Heel Slope -- Further reduces heel pressure.
- Streamlined Operation -- The recessed, mode-selection toggle switch eliminates disconnecting or exchanging air lines.
- Occupant Safety -- Patented Safety Edge with "crawling effect" minimizes falls and entrapment. The inner-bolster's cradling effect further enhances occupant security.
- Caregiver Support -- A 20-minute "Auto Firm" mode facilitates transfers, CPR and daily living activities; mode automatically returns to previously selected mode.
- Product Numbers: 5175LR29 (75 inch length, standard control), 5180LR29 (80 inch length, standard control) and 5184LR29 (84 inch length, standard control); 5875LR29 (75 inch length, deluxe control), 5880LR29 (80 inch length, deluxe control), 5884LR29 (84 inch length, standard control).
- Mattress Width: 35 Inches (all models)
- Mattress Height: 7 Inches (all models)
- Weight Capacity: 350 Pounds
- Mattress Weight: 20 Pounds
- Control Unit Weight: 6.3 Pounds (UL listed)
- Cover Material: Fluid-proof, coated nylon cover is antifungal and bacteriostatically treated.
- Control Unit Voltage and Frequency: 120 Volts and 60 Hertz
- Control Unit Dimensions: 12 inches x 7 inches x 5 inches
- Control Unit Max. Current: 1 Amp
- Warranty: 18 Months (all components)
Watch this PressureGuard APM2 Video Overview.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Span America
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
The DELUXE pump, provides the second option, which is lateral rotation. Lateral rotation is already built into the APM2, via the toggle switch on the mattress. If you are purchasing this mattress for a loved one, you will experience a very rewarding feeling, when you realize the level of comfort you have introduced into their life. My mother sleeps like a baby, on this mattress.