IntraSite Gel is a Amorphous Hydrogel manufactured by Smith & Nephew for Wound Care. This Smith & Nephew Hydrogel is designed as a Gel Applipak System that promotes rapid but gentle Debridement of necrotic tissue. IntraSite Gel also loosens and absorbs slough and exudate. During the later stages of wound healing, IntraSite Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Dressing can also be used to provide a moist wound healing environment. IntraSite Gel increases moisture content at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation. By keeping fragile granulation tissue moist and allowing the migration of epithelialising cells, IntraSite Gel helps to create a moist wound healing environment.
IntraSite Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Dressing is non-adherent and does not harm viable tissue or the skin surrounding the wound. The non-adherent properties of IntraSite, makes this Amorphous Hydrogel ideal for every stage in the wound healing process. IntraSite Gel rehydrates necrotic tissue and, by its gentle yet effective action, promotes rapid debridement. IntraSite Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Dressing contains propylene glycol which has bacteriostatic properties. In addition, propylene glycol acts as a humectant (moisturiser) which prevents the gel from drying out and improves handling. The unique Applipak System provides simple, directable and controlled application even in awkward wound sites.
IntraSite Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Dressing Features & Benefits
- IntraSite Gel’s partially hydrated formulation allows the gel to donate moisture to drier environments and absorb in wetter environments, creating a moist wound healing environment.
- Provides debriding action.
- IntraSite Gel provides desloughing action by absorbing slough and exudate without damaging fragile granulation tissue.
- Creates a moist wound healing environment
- Leaves delicate granulation tissue undisturbed, reducing trauma.
- IntraSite Gel is non-adherent so it is easily removed from the wound by irrigation with normal saline.
- Removes from wound without damaging fragile tissue or causing unnecessary pain for the patient.
- Provides bacteriostatic effect.
IntraSite Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Dressing Applications
IntraSite Gel is indicated for use in shallow and deep open wounds e.g. pressure sores, leg ulcers, surgical and malignant wounds, partial thickness burns, scalds, lacerations and grazes. IntraSite is also for the treatment of granulating cavity wounds. Intrasite Gel can be used on infected wounds under medical supervision.
IntraSite Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Contraindications & Precautions
IntraSite Gel Amorphous Hydrogel should not be used with patients with known sensitivities to IntraSite Gel or any of its ingredients. IntraSite Gel should be used with care in the vicinity of the eyes and in deep wounds with narrow openings (e.g. fistulas) where removal of the gel may be difficult. IntraSite Gel is for external use only and should not be taken internally.
IntraSite Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Dressing Specifications
- IntraSite Gel Amorphous Hydrogel Dressing Product Numbers: 66027308, 66027311, 66027313.
- Partially hydrated hydrogel formulation.
- Contains propylene glycol.
- Container: Applipak.
- Application: Gel
- Size Options: 3 grams, 15 grams, 25 grams.
- Manufacturer: Smith & Nephew.
- Brand: IntrasSite.
- HCPCS code: A6248.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smith & Nephew
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!