Other Similac product(s)
DetailsSimilac Special Care 24 Premature Infant Formula is an exclusive blend for infants with a low birth weight or infants who are born premature. It offers 24 calories per ounce to aid weight gain and is formulated with Similac OptiGRO, an exclusive blend of DHA, Lutein and Vitamin E for brain and eye and immune development. Lutein is a carotenoid naturally found in colostrum and human milk that's shown to help support eye health in the preterm infant. It's iron-fortified to support baby's growth and to support brain development.
Clinical studies have shown Special Care 24 Premature Infant Formula to improve early language and visual development and body composition when compared against infants fed a formula without DHA and ARA.
The formula comes Ready-to-Feed making it ready to use with no measuring or mixing. It supports dietary needs for babies with a gluten-free, halal and kosher diet.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Indications, Contraindications, Ingredients, Preparations and Safety Precautions
Features and Benefits:
- Comes Ready to Use
- Formula Supports Weight Gain
- Supports Brain, Eye and Immune Development
- Ingredients Found in Breast Milk
- Improved Language and Visual Development
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Number: 56267
- HCPCS Code: B4160
- Calories: 24/oz
- Volume: 2 oz. Bottle
- Quantity: Case of 48
- Nutrition Information
- Intended for low-birth-weight infants and premature infants.
- Can be used for oral or enteral feedings.
- Not intended for feeding low-birth-weight infants after they reach a weight of 3600 g (approximately 8 lb) or as directed by a physician.
- Not intended for infants with milk and/or soy intolerance
Ingredients for Unflavored Ready to Feed:
Water, Nonfat Milk, Corn Syrup Solids, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Lactose, Whey Protein Concentrate, Soy Oil, Coconut Oil. Less than 0.5% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Calcium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Soy Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Magnesium Chloride, m-Inositol, Sodium Citrate, Carrageenan, Potassium Hydroxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Bitartrate, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Niacinamide, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Potassium Phosphate, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Cupric Sulfate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Biotin, Phylloquinone, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, and Nucleotides (Cytidine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5’-Monophosphate, Adenosine 5’-Monophosphate). Contains milk and soy ingredients.
- Bottle is Ready-to-Feed, do not add water.
- Shake bottle very well.
- Do not use if breakaway ring is missing or broken.
- Twist off cap.
- Twist on nipple and ring.
- Pour desired amount into feeding container (Volu-Feed or syringe) or attach clean, single-use nipple and ring (not included). Use sterile nipple and ring if directed.
- Once oral feeding begins, use within one hour or discard.
- If signs of intolerance develop, slow feeding or discontinue use
Storage and Handling
- Avoid prolonged exposure of bottles to light
- Store unopened at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures
- For mixing: pour, recap, refrigerate and use within 24 hours
- Do not reuse bottle
- Use under medical supervision.
- Infants with low birth rate are particularly susceptible to gastrointestinal complications and feeding should be initiated very cautiously.
- Tolerance to enteral feedings should be confirmed by initially offering small volumes of formula followed by cautious progression to higher caloric feedings.
- Discontinue if baby uses enteral feeding and is spitting up and has abdominal distension, abnormal stools or stool patterns, excessive gastric residuals, or other signs of intestinal dysfunction.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm formula. Serious burns can result.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Similac
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!