Other Similac product(s)
Similac Special Care 20 with Iron Premature Infant Formula
Similac Special Care 20 is an iron-fortified Ready-to-Feed Infant Formula specially designed for premature and low-birth-weight infants. It offers 20 calories per ounce to support weight gain and iron fortified for growth and brain development. In addition, it features OptiGRO, an exclusive blend by Similac packed with important ingredients for baby's development. OptiGRO is a blend of DHA for brain development, lutein to support eye health and vitamin E, to support developing cells. All these key ingredients are found in breast milk. Lutein is naturally found in colostrum and human milk and has been shown to support eye health in a preterm infant.
Special Care 20 contains milk and soy ingredients. The formula is gluten-free, Halal and Kosher for other dietary needs. Use Special Care 20 under the direction of a physician. Once the baby has reached the weight of approximately 8 lbs, discontinue using this product and talk to physician about which Similac formula would be best for feeding.
Features, Benefits, Ingredients, Preparation, Storage and Handling and Safety Precautions
Features and Benefits:
- Specialized Formula for Premature Infants
- Supports Eye Health
- Supports Developing Cells
- Supports Brain Development
- Key Ingredients Found in Breast Milk
- Supports Weight Gain
- Digested Easily
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Number: 56265
- Volume: 2 oz Bottle
- Quantity: Case of 48
- Nutrition Information
Water, Nonfat Milk, Corn Syrup Solids, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Lactose, Whey Protein Concentrate, Soy Oil, Coconut Oil. Less than 0.5% of the Following: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Calcium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Magnesium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Potassium Citrate, m-Inositol, Carrageenan, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Hydroxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Bitartrate, Taurine, Niacinamide, Choline Chloride, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Potassium Phosphate, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Cupric Sulfate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Biotin, Phylloquinone, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, and Nucleotides (Cytidine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5’- Monophosphate, Adenosine 5’-Monophosphate). Allergens: Contains milk and soy ingredients.
- Bottle is Ready-to-Feed, do not add water.
- Shake bottle very well.
- Do not use if breakaway ring is missing or broken.
- Twist off cap.
- Twist on nipple and ring.
- Pour desired amount into feeding container (Volu-Feed or syringe) or attach clean, single-use nipple and ring (not included). Use sterile nipple and ring if directed.
- Once opened, use within one hour or discard.
- If signs of intolerance develop, slow feeding or discontinue use of formula.
Storage and Handling:
- Avoid prolonged exposure of bottles to light.
- Store unopened bottles at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- For mixing: pour, recap, refrigerate and use within 24 hours.
- Do not reuse empty bottle.
- Infants with low birth rate are particularly susceptible to gastrointestinal complications and feeding should be initiated very cautiously.
- Tolerance to enteral feedings should be confirmed by initially offering small volumes of formula followed by cautious progression to higher caloric feedings.
- Discontinue if baby uses enteral feeding and is spitting up and has abdominal distension, abnormal stools or stool patterns, excessive gastric residuals, or other signs of intestinal dysfunction.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm formula as serious burns can result.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Similac
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!