Other Similac product(s)
Similac Human Milk Fortifier powder is designed to easily combine with breast milk to supplement feedings for low-birth-weight infants. The 0.9-gram packet offers convenient packaging for easy travel and less spillage. Studies have also shown this formula to be well-tolerated with infants. A peer-reviewed clinical study showed infants fed Similac Human Milk Fortifier demonstrated excellent weight, length and head circumference gains. The formula exhibits a low amount of iron to provide flexibility in adding iron to the baby's diet in other forms.
For other dietary needs, the formula is gluten-free, Halal and Kosher.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Ingredients, Preparation, Storage and Handling, and Nutrition Information
Features and Benefits:
- Excellent Weight and Length Gain
- Head Circumference Gains
- Well Tolerated
- Easy-to-Use Packets
- Convenient Packets for Travel
- Small Packets for Less Spillage
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Number: 54598
- Quantity: Each
- 0.9 Gram Packet
- HCPCS Code: B4155
Nonfat Milk, Whey Protein Concentrate, Corn Syrup Solids, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate. Less than 2% of the Following: Soy Lecithin, Minerals (Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Potassium Phosphate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenate), Vitamins (Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Phylloquinone, Thiamin Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Niacinamide, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, m-Inositol), and Potassium Hydroxide.
Contains milk and soy ingredients.
This product is for premature and low-birth-weight infants. Proper hygiene, handling and storage are important when preparing fortified human breast milk. Failure to do so could result in severe harm.
Additional Calories Desired Human Milk
Similac Human Milk Fortifier 2 (Cal/fl oz) 50 mL 1 packet 4 (Cal/fl oz) 25 mL 1 packet
- Gently shake container of human milk. Pour desired quantity into clean feeding container.
- To open packet, tear top off completely along perforation.
- Add fortifier to human milk and gently shake.
- Bottle Feeding: Discard one hour after feeding begins.
- Tube Feeding: Limit hang time to a maximum of four hours.
- After mixing, use immediately or store unused fortified human milk in the refrigerator.
- Use stored portion within 24 hours or according to hospital procedures for handling human breast milk.
- Gently shake before using.
- Store unopened packets at room temperature.
- Do not expose these packets to extreme temperatures.
Storage and Handling:
Similac Human Milk Fortifier Powder Nutrition Information (0.9 g Packet)
Volume 3.34 fl oz (100 Cal) Calories 3.5 Protein .25 grams Fats .09 grams Carbohydrates .0.45 grams Water 0 grams Linoleic Acid 0 mg Potential Renal Solute Load, mOsm 2.8 Vitamin A 155 IU Vitamin D 30 IU Vitamin E 0.8 IU Vitamin K 2.1 mcg Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 58 mcg Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 104 mcg Vitamin B6 53 mcg Vitamin B12 .016 mcg Niacin 893 mcg Folic Acid 5.75 mcg Biotin 6.5 mcg Pantothenic Acid 375 mcg Vitamin C 6.3 mg Choline .05 mg Inositol 1 mg Calcium 29 mg Calcium 1.46 mEq Phosphorus 16 mg Magnesium 1.7 mg Copper 43 mcg Iodine 0.8 mcg Selenium .01 mcg Sodium 4 mg Sodium .16 mEq Potassium 16 mg Potassium .40 mEq Chloride 9 mg Chloride .27 mEq
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Similac
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!