Wheelchairs come with all kinds of different features, but ultimately it comes down to comfort and durability for the user. That is what the Silver Sport 1, by Drive Medical, provides. The chair is a very comfortable model for assisted transport that can fill the roll as a self-powered wheelchair, as well as an assisted transport chair. This wheelchair provides just enough features to make long-term sitting comfortable, yet is simple enough to make it a choice model for daily mobility.
The Silver Sport 1 is constructed of steel and nylon. The frame is constructed of sturdy, durable tubular steel that also has an attractive powder coating with a silver vein finish. The seat back has a thick stitched nylon support that will hammock and support the back. Because it is made of nylon, the upholstery will be easy to clean with a damp cotton cloth. And for the user's convenience, the backrest has its own carry pocket for the user's personal items.
The chair's armrests include ultra thick pads to support the elbows and forearms while at rest. Down below, the wheels feature durable construction, being they are made of urethane and hard composite material, meaning less maintenance and hassle. They include simple push-to-lock mechanisms -- great for transferring in and out of the chair. Attached to the frame are two swing-away foot rests, with plastic footplates, that are adjustable without the need for tools
This comfortable standard wheelchair design is comparatively lightweight as well. And despite its pared down weight, the Silver Sport 1 still can sustain a patient who weighs up to 300 pounds. The chair is foldable for ease of transport and storage. The armrests can also be removed during transport or storage.
Silver Sport 1 Features and Benefits
- This chair is constructed of a sturdy steel frame.
- The upholstery made of thickly stitched nylon making it durable and easy to clean.
- The backrest has a carry pocket for additional convenience.
- The urethane/composite wheels come with push-to-lock brakes.
- The swing-away footrests can adjust and elevate without the need for tools.
- It includes padded armrests to protect the forearms and elbows.
- The frame has an attractive powder coated silver vein steel frame.
- The urethane tires mounted on composite wheels provide durability and low maintenance.
- The chair folds and the armrests detach for transport or storage.
Silver Sport 1 Specifications
- Product Number: SSP118FA-SF
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Overall Width (Open): 24 Inch
- Overall Width (Closed): 12.5 Inch
- Overall Height: 36 Inch
- Seat Back Height: 16 Inch
- Seat Dimensions:
- Width: 18 Inch
- Depth: 16 Inch
- Weight: 41 lbs
- Weight Limit: 300 lbs
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsQuestion by: Cathy on Jun 26, 2016 10:08:00 AMThe best course of action is to contact the manufacturer of the product and have them send a replacement if needed. If there is a warranty issue and the purchase was made recently, give our customer service agents a call at 800-397-5899 and we can process a warranty claim on your behalf.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Sep 28, 2016 2:55:00 PM