The Rusch Soft Simplastic® Foley Catheter, by Teleflex Medical, is an indwelling catheter designed to help patients who may be prone to incidents of blockage when voiding urine. These foley catheters are made extra wide to allow passage of foreign debris and mucus, which is especially good for post-operative drainage. These catheters also feature large eyelet openings to allow debris to drain. They have a PVC shaft for strength. The Simplastic® shaft material has thermoplastic properties, which is a technology that allows the catheter to soften after insertion. This will provide more comfort and better ability to adjust the catheter if needed. This foley catheter has separate lumens for drainage and for filling a balloon. A doctor or medical professoinal will fill the balloon with water after the catheter is inserted into the bladder. This will make sure the catheter will not fall out.
The Rusch Soft Simplastic® Foley Catheter Features and Benefits
- The catheter shaft material softens after insertion.
- The catheter has a wide lumen to allow drainage of urine that includes debris and mucus.
- They have large eyelets to aid in voiding urine with debris.
- They do not include latex.
- They come with dual ports, one for drainage, the other to inflate a balloon to allow the catheter to secure itself in the bladder.
- The Simplastic® catheter has a PVC core and resists kinking and crushing.
Rusch Soft Simplastic® Foley Catheter Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: 570724, 551316
- Manufacturer: Teleflex Medical
- Brand: Rusch
- Length: 40cm
- Sizes Color-Coded
- Balloon Sizes Either 30cc or 75cc
- Materials: PVC, Silicone
- Extra-Large Eyelets
- HCPCS: A4338
- Additional Information
Invacare Continuing Care Teleflex Medical
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!