Propimex 2 is an Amino Acid-Modified Medical Food. Propimex 2 offers nutrition support for children and adults with propionic or methylmalonic acidemia. Propimex 2 Amino Acid-Modified Medical Food is Methionine- and valine-free. Propimex is also low in isoleucine and threonine. Use Propimex Amino Acid-Modified Medical Food under medical supervision.
Propimex 2 Amino Acid-Modified Medical Food Features and Benefits
- Methionine- and valine-free to allow greater intake of intact protein; low in isoleucine and threonine.
L-carnitine (1800 mg/100 g) to help supply amount normally found in foods of animal origin and to help excrete toxic metabolites.
- Taurine (50 mg/100 g) to help supply amount normally found in foods of animal origin.
- Approximately 30% of energy as fat to help supply essential fatty acids.
- Nutrient profile specifically designed for children and adults.
- When fed according to the Abbott Nutrition Support Protocols, provides adequate amounts of all nutrients.
Propimex 2 Nutrition Information Links
- Propimex 2 Nutritional Information contains details for vitamins, minerals, protein and calories.
- Propimex 2 Nutrition Guide offers several pages of nutritional information about this Abbott Nutrition product line.
- Propimex-2 Powder / 14.1-oz (400-g) Can / 6 ct
Corn Syrup Solids, L-Alanine, L-Glutamic Acid, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Citrate, Soy Oil, L-Proline, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Arginine, L-Lysine Acetate, L-Leucine, Calcium Phosphate, L-Carnitine, L-Tyrosine. Less than 2% of the Following: L-Phenylalanine, L-Serine, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, Silicon Dioxide, Glycine, L-Histidine, DATEM, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Phosphate, L-Tryptophan, L-Isoleucine, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbic Acid, L-Threonine, Taurine, Choline Chloride, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mixed Tocopherols, Cupric Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Beta-Carotene, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
Storage & Handling
- Directions for Preparation and Use: Use Only As Directed by a Physician
Depending on specific needs of each individual, preparation will vary as prescribed by physician. Follow physician's instructions carefully.
- Wash your hands, surfaces and utensils.
- Pour prescribed amount of water into a clean container.
- Add prescribed amount of Propimex-2 powder (and other ingredients if recommended).
- Shake well for 10-15 seconds; if using a blender, mix no more than 5 seconds.
- Pour mixture into clean feeding cup or container; cap.
- Serve chilled. Once feeding begins, use within 1 hour or discard.
- Add sweetened drink crystals to enhance flavor.
- Add chocolate or strawberry syrup.
- Mix Propimex-2 with fruit to make a smoothie
- Freeze flavored mixture into slushies.
- Approximate Weights for Unpacked, Level U.S. Standard Dry Household Measures for Powder*
Household Measure (US) Weight (g) 1 Tbsp 8 1/4 Cup 30 1/3 Cup 40 1/2 Cup 60 1 Cup 120
* For most accurate results, Propimex-2 should be weighed on a scale that reads in grams.
- Store prepared, closed container of the 24-hour supply in refrigerator at 35-40º F (2-4º C).
- For cup feeding, shake well and pour mixture into cup and serve immediately.
- Use within 24 hours after mixing
- Store unopened cans at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Use contents within 1 month.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!