Posey™ Gait Belts are a great solution for patients or individuals who are ill or have weakness after surgery and need a simple "assist" in walking short distances. Ambulation assistance using the Posey™ Gait Belt provides a secure hold point to make assist so much easier and provide the perfect assist. In addition, the belt makes the process more convenient and safer for the caregiver by preventing needless back injury and stiffness from loss of balance or an uncontrolled fall.
The Posey line of gait belts come in a variety of colors and patterns with a specially designed nickel-plated buckle for durability and maximum strength. The 2-Inch wide cotton belt accommodates waists up to 51 Inches. There's an additional lift upgrade where Grip Handles can be attached. The two grip handles fit all two-Inch wide gait belts. It's ergonomically contoured soft touch and polymer handles provide a firmer vertical handhold position. This upgrade can support a weight capacity of 300 lbs per handle.
For heavier individuals needing a sturdier walking belt and also have a larger waist size up to 66 Inches, the Posey Economy Transfer Belt with Handles is another transfer option available for purchase with Vitality Medical.
Posey™ Gait Belts Features, Benefits, Specifications and Contraindications
Features and Benefits:
- Provides Secure Hold
- Comes in a Variety of Colors and Patterns
- Durable Metal Buckle
- Can Be Worn By Caregiver Until Needed
- Adds Extra Balance
- Prevents Falls
- Manufacturer: Posey
- Standard Length Size: 52 to 54 Inch Length
- Standard Width Size: 2 Inch
- Long Length Size: 70 Inch
- Long Width Size: 2 Inch
- Belt Material: Cotton
- Buckle: Metal Nickel-Plated
- Product Numbers: 6524 (L)(Q), 6525 (L), 65251 (L), 65252 (L), 6527 (L), 6528 (L), 6529 (L), 6530 (L), 6531 (L), 6549 (L)
Note: Specify standard or long when ordering. All long belts have an "L" at the end of the product SKU (i.e. POS6524L_ea) the 6524 model also has a Q option for Quick-Release Buckle option.
Contraindications include, but are not limited to:
- NOTE: THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED AS A RESTRAINT!
- The Posey Company and Vitality Medical recommend that the user of this product check and follow its facility's written procedures for approved assisted walking, lifting, and/or transfer procedures.
- Patients with ostomy, colostomy, G-tubes, Hernias, severe Cardio Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), as well as those with post-surgery incisions, or fitted with monitoring equipment, tubes or lines that might be compromised by the pressure or the rubbing against a Gait Belt. Never apply a Gait Belt if there is any compromise of safety or indication of inappropriateness to the patient or caregiver.
- NOTE: Before washing belt, fasten all buckles to minimize damage during wash and dry cycles. Close hook and loop fasteners before washing to prevent lint build-up. Use stiff metal brush to clean hook material after washing. Test hook and loop adhesion before use, and discard Belt if hook and loop does not hold securely. During the washing process metal buckles could bend and quick-release buckles could crack or break. Do not put buckles through extractors. Always ensure that all buckles are in good working order and are not cracked or broken before each use.
Check the table below to choose a color and pattern:
6524, 6524L, 6524Q
Emroidered Southwest Theme
Heavy Duty Webbing
with Green Design Pattern
Stars and Stripes
Seasonal Belts are
How to Secure and Use the Belt
The belt is secured around the waist of the patient and held by the caregiver. Here are four simple steps to attach the Posey Belt:
- 1. With the Posey label on the outside of the belt and the belt around the patient's waist, pass the metal tip of the Belt through the buckle and over the teeth of the buckle.
- 2. Bring tip of Belt across front of buckle and slip it through the other side. Adjust it so it is snug, but not uncomfortable for the patient. You should be able to slip your open hand (flat) between the Belt and the patient.
- 3. Strap should lay flat across buckle. Tuck excess under the Belt. Always verify proper closure before use.
- 4. Always grasp the transfer belt from underneath. Assist patient using your facility's approved procedures.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!