Other Portex product(s)
Portex UniPerc Cuffed Adjustable Flange Trach Tubes, by Smiths Medical, are another unique line of tracheostomy tube with features that are made for patients with unique neck anatomy. The UniPerc is designed for patients with thick neck tissues where standard trach sizes simply aren't practical.
This extended length trach tube will compensate patients with a maximum of 50mm of soft tissues that cover the trachea. It is implemented in a percutaneous tracheostomy procedure. And because of its shape and flexible attributes, it makes insertion smoother; the inner cannula is made of flexible PVC plastic to bend with the unit.
Just as the name implies, the neck flange on the Portex UniPerc is adjustable and markings on the tube will gauge the correct depth. Along the cuff are flexible wings for improved patient comfort.Similar to the Portex Percutaneous Tracheostomy Tubes, the UniPerc trach tube has what is called the Soft Seal cuff, which is made with especially soft PVC material. The Soft Seal cuff will inflate and gently rest in the tracheal airway with minimal disturbance to the mucosa membrane.
The Portex UniPerc Cuffed Adjustable Flange Trach Tubes Features and Benefits
- The tubes work with patients with thick tissue covering the trachea.
- The tube has markings that can be referenced while adjusted the cuff.
- It includes a positive locking clamp.
- The distal tip is tapered to minimize trauma to the tracheal wall.
- The Soft Seal cuff is of soft PVC material to minimize disturbance to the mucosa membrane.
- The inner cannula is made of flexible PVC plastic to bend with the unit.
Portex UniPerc Cuffed Adjustable Flange Trach Tubes Specifications
- Manufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Sterility: Sterile
- MRI Conditional: Follow Given Instruction for Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Sizes: 7.0mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm
- Manufacturer Numbers: 100/897/070, 100/897/080, 100/897/090
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smiths Medical Sub Brand Portex
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!