Other Portex product(s)
SuctionPro 72 Closed Suction Catheter, manufactured by Portex, is an airway catheter for the removal of secretions from the tracheobronchia tree. Used with ventilator dependent adult patients, the SuctionPro 72 Closed Suction Catheter is for single patient use for up to 72 hours.
To increase patient comfort, the SuctionPro 72 features a swivel connector that reduces torque. In addition, the sleeve is made of a softer material which allows a better catheter flow.
The Suction Pro 72 highlights a closed system design, which will reduce the risk of cross contamination, and the lockable end cap prevents inadvertent suctioning. The Clear T piece of the SuctionPro 72 offers caregivers visualization of the pathway. The clear pathway evacuation port also provides for visual inspection.
Featuring a Trac-Wedge™, you can easily disconnect the catheter from the patient. SuctionPro 72 includes a 15 mL saline vial, too. The saline will flow through the lumen which will reduce the risk of washing biofilm back into the patient.
Portex SuctionPro 72 Closed Suction Catheter Features and Benefits
- Closed System Suction Catheter providing for the removal of secretions from the tracheobronchial tree
- 3-day recommended duration of use.
- Clear pathway evacuation port.
- Lockable thumb valve end cap.
- Sterile, single patient use.
- Patient label with day of the week stickers.
- Clear T piece for visualization of the pathway.
- Soft but strong catheter sleeve.
- Trac-Wedge™ device to aid in disconnection of the catheter from the patient’s tracheal or tracheostomy tube.
Portex SuctionPro 72 Closed Suction Catheter Specifications
- Portex SuctionPro 72 Closed Suction Catheter Product Number: Z115N-14.
- Size: 14 French
- Application: Removal of secretions from the tracheobronchial tree.
- Manufacturer: Sims Portex
- Brand: SuctionPro 72
- HCPCS code: A4628
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smiths Medical Sub Brand Portex
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsWill saline flushed through saline port enter patient circuit?
What are the other adjuncts other than the track wedge and swivel connector?
Could you please show a video of its different uses?
Question by: sonia m lal on Nov 8, 2015 12:52:55 AMIn addition to the single-axis swivel, trach wedge, and flex tube we also provide an MDI adapter, 15/22 mm adaptor and an end cap (on the t-piece versions).
Saline instilled through the single lumen's irrigation port will enter patient airway by attaching itself to a slightly extended catheter. This is in the IFU and also in the forthcoming video.
The video is currently being produced.
Answer by: Megan W. on Jun 7, 2016 7:58:20 AM