Portex Percutaneous Tracheostomy Kits, by Smiths Medical, include all the immediate implements for conducting a percutaneous tracheostomy. The trach kits utilize the Per-Fit line of flexible PVC tubes. These trach tubes have a tapered distal tip and a low-profile inflation cuff to make inserting the tube easier. The kit also comes with two component groups that include: Prep Components, Procedural Components, along with the Per-Fit tube, a range of dilators, and obturator. These components are kept in sterile packaging. Opening the kit will display a double-deck tray where the implements and tools are grouped accordingly.
List of Prep Components
- 3 Stick Sponge Applicators 4 Gauze Sponges (4'' x 4'')
- Fenestrated Drapes with Tabs (24" x 36")
- 2 Iodophor PVP, 1 oz
- Iodophor PVP Scrub, 4 oz
List of Procedural Components
- A-Bevel Needle 22g" x 11/2"
- #11 Disposable Scalpel
- Three 10 mL Plastic Syringes
- 2 Split Trach Dressing 4'' x 4'' Gauze Sponges
- 2 Velcro Trach Tube Holder
- Lidocaine 1.5% with Epinephrine, 5 mL
- PEEP-Keep Swivel Adapter
- 10fr x 11/2" Dilator
- 16g x 11/2" Introducer Needle
- J-Tip Guide Wire
- 8fr Guiding Catheter
- 7.0mm Per-fit Tube with Inner cannula (green termination and inner cannula)
- 17fr Dilator
- 25fr Dilator
- 28fr Dilator
- 32fr Dilator
- 20fr Obturator/Dilator
Portex Percutaneous Tracheostomy Kits are one of varied tools to aid patients who need trach care. Other Portex tracheostomy tubes include their cuffed Sims Portex Cuffed DIC Tracheostomy Tubes and the Sims Portex Flex DIC Tracheostomy Tubes.
Portex Percutaneous Tracheostomy Kits Features and Benefits
- The kits include most all the tools to perform a percutaneous trach insertion.
- The all-inclusive kit is sterile packaged.
- The kit includes a cuffed tube that is streamlined and requires little force to insert into the stoma opening.
- The kit will help perform the tracheostomy that is faster and often more economic than traditional surgical techniques.
Portex Percutaneous Tracheostomy Kits Specifications
- Manufacturer: Smiths Medical
- Manufacturer Number: 536070, 536080, 536090
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smiths Medical
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!