PKU Lophlex LQ is a low volume and low calorie Medical Food Drink Mix designed for treating Phenylketonuria. Also know as PKU, Phenylketonuria is an autosomal recessive metabolic genetic disorder that causes the amino acid phenylalanine to build up in the body. Excessive amounts of phenylalanine can cause a variety of health problems. Manufactured by Nutricia, Lophlex LQ Drink Mix helps to reduce excessive amounts of phenylalanine. Lophlex LQ is designed to help children 4 years and older as well as adults reduce phenylalanine. Pregnant women and women of child-bearing age may also use PKU Lophlex LQ. PKU Lophlex LQ is phenylalanine-free.
PKU Lophlex LQ Drink Mix Features & Benefits
- Low volume; low calorie.
- Convenient ready-to-drink.
- NEW great tasting flavors: Juicy Orange and Mixed Berry Blast based on natural juices (from concentrate). Other flavors: Tropical and Berry.
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Designed for individuals 4 years and older to treat Phenylketonuria.
PKU Lophlex LQ Drink Mix Specifications
- PKU Lophlex LQ Drink Mix Product Numbers: 119535, 50962, 66130, 66129.
- Size: 125 mL/4.2 Ounce.
- Container Type:
- Flavor Options: Juicy Orange, Mixed Berry Blast, Berry or Tropical.
- Protein: 20 Gram.
- Osmolality: 2460 mOsm/kg.
- Preparation: Ready-to-mix.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: PKU Lophlex LQ.
Directions for Preparation and Use
Use only under the direction of a physician or dietitian. PKU Lophlex LQ must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a physician or dietitian to meet phenylalanine and general nutritional requirements.
PKU Lophlex LQ is intended for individuals over 4 years of age, including pregnant women and women of child-bearing age.
Intake of PKU Lophlex LQ is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the individual. PKU Lophlex LQ should be divided into equal portions and distributed throughout the day.
PKU Lophlex LQ is a ready-to-drink PKU medical food/formula. Shake vigorously before consuming. PKU Lophlex LQ tastes best when served chilled.
Must only be consumed by individuals with proven phenylketonuria while under strict medical supervision.
Not intended for infants.
Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
Not for parenteral use.
Store at room temperature away from sunlight.
PKU Lophlex LQ Additional Information
Recommended treatment by Australian Department of Health July 2013 Positive Recommendations.
- Additional Information
Invacare Continuing Care SHS North America
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!