The PICO Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Pump, by Smith and Nephew, is a small portable pump meant to extract wound fluid (exudate) when normal wound dressing and bandages are not adequate for optimum wound closure and healing. This wound care device is small enough to tote around in a pocket while it works on the wound discreetly tucked away. The PICO system is meant for a seven-day therapy session. During that time it maintains a negative pressure on the wound, which removes exudate from the wound bed through absorption and evaporation. This pump comes as with various size dressings along with the pump. This will include the tube used for extracting the exudate as well. The dressing that comes with the pump helps distribute the exudate evenly from the wound and helps prevent maceration (over moisturization) of the skin.
The PICO Negative Pressure pump comes with two AA lithium batteries and separately packed dressings complete with fixation strips. After use, the pump and batteries may be recycled. For detailed use, Vitality Medical has included instructional videos created by Smith and Nephew located at the bottom of this description page.
PICO Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Pump Features and Benefits
- With dressing and hose applied, it maintains negative pressure across the wound bed.
- The negative pressure draws exudate from the wound while bringing it through a filter.
- It is effective for a week's worth of therapy.
- The pump is compact and can fit in a pocket.
- The AA lithium batteries are included.
- The therapy kit comes with various size dressings.
PICO Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Pump Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: 66800866, 66800957, 66800863, 66800957, 66800952, 66800955, 66800863, 66800954, 69512101
- Manufacturer: Smith and Nephew
- For Single Use - Disposable
- Sizes: 4 x 8 inches, 4 x 12 inches, 6 x 6 inches, 6 x 8 inches, 8 x 8 inches
- Carrying Case Sold Separately
- Disconnect Pump if Showering is Required
Below are instructional videos brought to you by Smith and Nephew:
PICO in Use: How to Deal with an Air Leak/Low Pressure and How to Change the Batteries -- Click Here To View Video
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smith & Nephew
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsIs the therapy pump reusable?...Question by: Hector Avila on May 25, 2016 8:16:19 AMThis therapy system is one-time usage only. There are pumps available that are for continuous use; however.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 10, 2016 12:30:00 PM