Microlipid is a fat emulsion used to treat decreased carbohydrate tolerance. Microlipid is also often used with a Ketogenic diet. Used in oral and tube feedings, Microlipid is a 50% fat emulsion for special dietary use in oral supplements, foods or tube feeding formulas. Containing Safflower Oil, Microlipid is a rich source of polyunsaturated fat and is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision.
Microlipid Features and Benefits
- Made with safflower oil - a source of polyunsaturated fat.
- Treats decreased carbohydrate tolerance.
- Supports Ketogenic diet.
- Appropriate for lactose-free, gluten-free and kosher diets.
- Microlipid Product Numbers: 00870200.
- Size: 3 fluid ounces.
- Caloric Distribution (% of kcal)
- Protein: 0%
- Carbohydrate: 0%
- Fat: 100%
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg water): 62
- Water: 45%
- Packaging: Plastic Bottle
- Manufacturer: Nestle.
- Brand: Microlipid.
- HCPCS code: B4155.
Boost Nutritional Support
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE
- Increased caloric requirements
- Decreased carbohydrate tolerance
- Fluid or volume restriction
- Ketogenic diet
This product is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision.
It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
This product is not intended as a sole source of nutrition.
Safflower Oil, Water, Polyglycerol Esters Of Fatty Acids, Soy Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid.
Instructions For Use:
Shake well before opening. Ready to use and may be fed at room temperature or chilled. Opened product should be recapped, refrigerated, and discarded after 5 days. Store unopened bottles at room temperature. Protect from freezing.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!