Mepore Pro, by Molnlycke, is a wound dressing that is designed to deliver healing coverage with exceptional barrier qualities and a highly absorbent central pad. This bandage stands as an all-in-one wound management system for low to moderately exudating wounds and offers a number of size variations to meet the needs of each unique patient.Mepore has an outer transparent film layer as one of its barrier measures to protect the wound from moisture and external contamination. This wound dressing also has a border with polyacrylate adhesive on the underside to provide skin-friendly fixation. The absorbent wound pad rests over the wound and draws in exudate. The pad keeps the wound clean and dry, while reducing contamination. It does this in an efficient way as to reduce the need for frequent dressing changes.
Mepore Pro is simply to use - one simply has to clean and dry the wound area, peel off the backing, and apply the dressing to the skin as it were any common self-adhesive dressing. Its properties are far from common though. It has a waterproof outer layer that is bacterial and viral-proof to protect both the patient and caregiver -- also helps keep the area dry while showering. Mepore conforms well to body contours. When applying the dressing, it is advised that no stretching of the bandage is administered. This is especially true for areas where the body bends and articulates as to maximize the effectiveness of the bandage.
Mepore Pro Bandages are ideal for the following wound types:
- Surgical incisions and sutured wounds
- Laproscopy and arthroscopy puncture sites
- Low-exudating traumatic wounds
- Cannula sites
Mepore Pro Features and Benefits
- It is a compound dressing that combines a wound barrier and a healthy healing environment for moderately exudating wounds.
- Though it has barriers that screen bacteria and viruses, it is moisture vapor permeable.
- The bandage is self-adherent so no secondary wound dressing is needed to secure it to the skin.
- The dressing is radioparent.
- It comes in a number of different sizes to cover various wound types.
Mepore Pro Specifications
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- Dressing Type: Composite
- 2.5 x 3 inch
- 3.6 x 4 Inch
- 3.6 x 6 Inch
- 3.6 x 8 Inch
- 3.6 x 10 Inch
- 3.6 x 12 Inch
- Product Numbers: 670890, 670990, 671090, 671190, 671290, 671390
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A