Mepitel dressing is a wound-contact layer that can be left in place for up to 14 days depending on the condition of the wound. The long wear time of Mepitel wound dressings reduces the necessity for frequent primary dressing changes. The porous structure of Mepitel dressings allows exudate to pass into an outer absorbent dressing. The Mepitel Safetac layer prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound and ensures atraumatic dressing changes. The Mepitel Safetac layer seals around the wound edges and prevents exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk of maceration. Top Mepitel wound dressing products include Mepitel Nonadherent Silicone Dressing and Mepitel One Adherent Silicone Adherent.
Mepitel Wound Dressing Benefits
* Mepitel minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
* Mepitel dressings may remain in place for up to 14 days which in turn ensures undisturbed wound healing
* Mepitel wound dressings feature an open mesh structure that allows for application of topical agents and passage of exudate into secondary dressing
* Mepitel enables less frequent dressing changes
* Mepitel wound dressings minimize the risk of maceration
* Mepitel dressing maintains product properties over time - leaves no residues and does not dry out
* Mepitel is transparent for easy wound inspection during application and during wear
* Mepitel dressings also conform well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear
* Mepitel wound dressings stay in place; conforms well to body contours
* Mepitel may also be cut
* Mepitel wound dressing has a low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Areas of use for Mepitel Wound Dressings
Mepitel is designed for a wide range of wounds such as skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical incisions, second degree burns, blisters, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, diabetic ulcers, and venous and arterial ulcers. Be sure to check out our selection of Mepitel wound dressings which include Mepitel Nonadherent Silicone Dressing and Mepitel One Adherent Silicone Adherent.