The Mepilex Self-Adherent Foam Dressing, by Molnlycke, is a absorbent dressing that treats a variety of wounds as a primary application. The dressing uses Safetac technology, which is a special adhesive that reduces the amount of irritation to the skin and healing wound tissues when removed. This is one of the more popular high-end dressings, especially among those treating leg ulcers due to pressure or diabetes.
These absorbent dressings are designed to handle a range of wound severity -- from low to medium exudating wounds, including post-op wounds or diabetic wounds. They are also good for both chronic and acute wounds and conform well to the wound bed. And to get a better fit, Mepilex can also be cut and shaped. For patients, this dressing is great, mainly because of the reduction of pain that they expect normally from other dressings. It peels off softly and will mean lower stress and a better healing experience for both patient and caregiver.
Mepilex Self-Adherent Foam Dressings are ideal for treating the following wound types:
- Venous leg ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
Look to Tubifast Tubular Retention Dressing for a secondary wrap over Mepilex.
Mepilex Self-Adherent Foam Dressing Features and Benefits
- The foam dressings absorb light to moderate exudating wounds.
- The Safetac adhesive allows the foam to be applied directly to the wound without tape and peels off will little irritation.
- Peeling off the Mepilex foam is less painful for the patient.
- The dressings can be cut and shaped for better fit.
- It is soft, conformable, and minimizes the risk of maceration.
- It is a great choice for a primary dressing if using a wrap such as Tubifix.
Mepilex Self-Adherent Foam Dressing Specifications
- Product Numbers: 294090, 294199, 294299, 294399, 294499, 294500
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- 4 x 5 Inch
- 4 x 4 Inch
- 4 x 8 Inch
- 6 x 6 Inch
- 8 x 8 Inch
- 8 x 20 Inch
- Material: Polyurethane Foam
- HCPCS: A6209
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Molnlycke Sub Brand Mepilex Ships Free No Size Chart No
Top Rated Customer Reviews - See All Reviews
- I like Mediplex LITE ref 284190
I'm not sure Mediplex 294199 will work for me
love that I can cut them to fit the wound.
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Starting at: $3.31
Starting at: $10.72
Starting at: $8.96
Starting at: $17.28