Mepiform is a Wound Dressing designed to reduce hypertrophic and keloid scars. This thin, flexible self-adherent dressing is for use on closed wounds to help prevent and reduce scarring. Mepiform is a Silicone Gel Sheet manufactured by Molnlycke. It may take from 3 months up to a year or more to improve an old scar, depending on the condition of the scar tissue. Mepiform is optimally worn 24 hours a day. Mepiform should be removed once a day for showering or bathing. For prophylactic treatment, Molnlycke Mepiform should be used for 2-6 months, depending on the condition of the scar.
Molnlycke Mepiform Silicone Gel Sheeting are available in two sizes: 2 x 3, 4 x 7. Each Mepiform Silicone Gel Scar Sheet may be cut to the size needed to match the scar area. This Scar Dressing is used to reduce scar tissue and to prevent hypertrophic and keloid scarring.
Molnlycke Mepiform Features & Benefits
- Mepiform minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes.
- Mepiform requires no extra fixation for adhesion.
- Gel Sheeting is thin, flexible and discreet.
- Mepiform may be worn in daily activities.
- Cut gel sheet to size needed.
- Mepiform Gel Sheet may be used for several days