Power wheelchairs vary in different size and features all to make life a little easier for those who need mobility aid. The Medalist 450, by Drive Medical, is a model that is designed for superb comfort with an extra padded seat and seat-back. This chair is a choice model for those who have to use a full-size power wheelchair on a daily basis.
This unique power wheelchair is heavy duty in materials and design. It includes an extra strong steel frame and a four-post support seating to make it extremely resilient to wear and tear. Almost everything on this chair is adjustable. Starting from the top of the chair is the adjustable headrest and seat-back that can extend and recline. The seat itself is something to behold -- ultra thick padding like you would see in a high-end automobile. It includes padded flip-up arm rests to allow the user better access getting in and out of the seat. The arm rests are height and width adjustable and can even be removed. The base posts are adjustable too, with several height settings to choose from.
This Drive wheelchair comes with a controller that can be fitted onto either armrest allowing the user to operate the chair with ease, even with limited dexterity. The controller is also programmable.
The anti-tip wheels make the Medalist feel very stable while driving, even while conducting tight turns. The tires are non-marking and flat-free. For added security, the chair comes with a positioning belt and an adjustable flip-up footrest plate.The Medalist 450 Features and Benefits
- The chair includes an adjustable length controller mount that can be affixed to either the left or right armrest and with the option to purchase the swing-away arm separately.
- The armrests are removable and height and width adjustable for positioning, support and adaptability to match the size of the user.
- It includes a battery drawer for easy access to service or replace.
- The padded seat features a fold-down backrest and an adjustable height headrest.
- It has an extra strong steel frame for long-lasting durability.
- The tires are flat-free and non-marking tires for worry-free travel
- The motor has a free-wheel setting to allow the chair to be pushed and positioned for transport.
- The padded, flip-up armrests allow for easy seat access.
- It comes with a programmable controller that can be personalized for individuals with special needs.
- The chair provides heavy duty mobility for users up to 450 lbs
- The seats have four height adjustments, from 20-23 inches.
- The durable 'Captains Seats' feature deep-contoured cushions and seat-backs for maximum comfort and superior user positioning and lateral support.
- The standard footplate can be flipped up out of the user's way and adjusted in both height and angle.
- It comes equipped with a standard positioning belt for added user security.
Medalist 450 Specifications
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Batteries: Two 12V x 50AH
- Brakes: Electromagnetic
- Charger: 5 Amp Off board
- Climbing Angle: 6 degrees
- Controller: Dynamic Shark 60A
- Floor to Seat Height: 20-23 Inch
- Front Wheels: 8.5 Inch Diameter x 2.5 Width
- Ground Clearance: 3 Inches
- Height: 42 Inches
- Length: 41 Inches
- Rear Wheels: 14 Inch Diameter x 3 Inch Width
- Shipping Dimensions:
- Length: 57.5 Inch
- Width: 27.75 Inch
- Height: 25.5 Inch
- Max Range: 15 miles
- Max Speed: 4 mph
- Motor: Two 12V x 500W x 4600rpm
- Turning Radius: 31 Inches
- Product Weight Capacity: 450 lbs
- Manufacturer Numbers: MEDALIST450BL22CS, MEDALIST450RD22CS, MEDALIST450BL24CS, MEDALIST450RD24CS
- Limited Lifetime on Frame;
- 14 Month Limited on Electronics, Controller and Drive Train components;
- 6 Month Limited on Battery
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!