iChoice Med-ReminderPLUS with SMART notifications is a medication reminder wrist watch with an LED digital face. Serving as a functional digital watch worn on your wrist, the Med-ReminderPLUS provides medication alerts to remind the user when to take a certain medication. This handy pill reminder stores up to 10 daily alerts.
Med-ReminderPLUS alerts the wearer through three different methods that a pill or other medication should be taken. First, a vibrating wristband alerts the wearer when it is time to take a medication. Second, the digital LED screen displays a glowing color assigned to a specific medicine as a quick reference. And third, the LED screen indicates which medication by name should be taken to ensure the wearer is reminded specifically about the correct medication.
Med-ReminderPLUS comes with color coded disc to be attached to medication bottles. When a certain medication is due to be taken, the digital watch will flash the assigned color, making it easy to find the correct medication to take at the right time. This medicine reminder can also be set up to notify an electronic medical record (EMR) instantly when medications are taken or are missed. Caregivers can also be programmed to receive an email or text when medicine is taken or missed. The LED screen will also provide a “next reminder” for the upcoming medication that is due soon. This screen can also show the wearer which medications have already been taken.
iChoice Med-ReminderPLUS Components
1 Med-Reminder wristband with watch.
1 USB charger.
1 user manual.
1 medical ID card.
7 sets of colored stickers.
iChoice Med-ReminderPLUS Features & Benefits
- Digital watch function.
- Programmable for multiple medicine reminder alerts.
- 3 different alerts provided for each medication reminder.
- Instantly notifies EMR when medications are taken or missed.
- Notifies caregivers by email or text when medications are taken or missed.
- Free downloadable app for smart phones.
- Daily living aid.
- Color coded disc attaches to medicine bottle to correspond to the flashing color code on the digital wristwatch to easily identify the correct medication to take.
- Medication reminder.
iChoice Med-ReminderPLUS Specifications
- Med-ReminderPLUS Product Number: 846841010446.
- Width: 0.9 inch.
- Length: 9.5 inch.
- Height: 0.4 inch.
- Material: Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU).
- Power Supply: 7 days.
- Compatibility: iPhone 4S +, Android 4.3, BLE 4.0.
- Manufacturer: Oxlife Plus.
- Brand: iChoice.
Medication Reminder Studies and Additional Information
- Ascione, F. J., and L. A. Shimp. "The effectiveness of four education strategies in the elderly." Drug intelligence & clinical pharmacy 18.11 (1984): 926-931.
- Roux, Perrine, et al. "Adherence to antiretroviral treatment in HIV-positive patients in the Cameroon context: promoting the use of medication reminder methods." JAIDS Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 57 (2011): S40-S43.
- Wu, Albert W., et al. "A randomized trial of the impact of a programmable medication reminder device on quality of life in patients with AIDS." AIDS Patient Care & STDs 20.11 (2006): 773-781.
- Kamimura, Tomoko, Rina Ishiwata, and Takenobu Inoue. "Medication reminder device for the elderly patients with mild cognitive impairment."American journal of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias 27.4 (2012): 238-242.
- Patel, Samir, et al. "Mobilizing your medications: an automated medication reminder application for mobile phones and hypertension medication adherence in a high-risk urban population." Journal of diabetes science and technology 7.3 (2013): 630-639.
- Alemagno, Sonia A., Sheila A. Niles, and Elizabeth A. Treiber. "Using computers to reduce medication misuse of community-based seniors: results of a pilot intervention program." Geriatric Nursing 25.5 (2004): 281-285.
FREE Download of the iChoice Meds Reminder App
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Oximeter Plus
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsIs it waterproof or water resistant?Question by: Clay Crow on Jul 1, 2016 1:39:00 PMThe item is waterproof.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 16, 2016 4:32:00 PMHave you updated compatibility to iphone 6?Question by: Clay Crow on Jul 1, 2016 1:44:00 PMAccording to the manufacturer the system will work with iOS 7 and above as well as Android 4.3 and above.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 6, 2016 4:26:00 PM