For moderate to heavily draining wounds.
Helps manage bacterial burden1,2 with controlled-release ionic silver
Up to 21-day antimicrobial protection1,3
Easy dressing changes
Fluid will not wick laterallyIndications:
First and second-degree burns
Moderate to heavily draining partial and full-thickness wounds
Diabetic foot ulcers, surgical wounds, graft and donor sites, and trauma wounds
Dry or lightly draining wounds
Patients with a known sensitivity to alginates or silver
To control heavy bleeding
As a surgical implant
May be left in place for up to 21 days8; Dressing change frequency will depend on amount of drainage
1. Chakravarthy D, Falconio-West M. A comparison of the antimicrobial efficacy of two silver ion containing absorptive fiber dressings. Presented at SAWC. Las Vegas, NV. 2006.
2. Chakravarthy D, Fleck C Falconio-West M. An evaluation of two polysaccharide-silverbased high absorbency wound dressings. Presented at SAWC. Las Vegas, NV. 2006.
3. Freeman R, Bradford C. 21 day in vitro study of sustained antimicrobial activity of a new silver alginate dressing. Presented at Wounds UK. Harrogate. 2006.
4. Data on file.
5. Chakravarthy D, Freeman R, Beele H, Meuleneire F, Nahuys M. Detailed clinical report:prospective randomized open label pilot study to evaluate a new silver alginate antimicrobial wound dressing on critically colonized chronic wounds. Internal report on file.
6. Freeman R, Beele H, Meuleneire F, Nahuys M. Results of a multicentre randomized prospective open label pilot study to evaluate a new silver alginate antimicrobial wound dressing on critically colonized chronic wounds. Presented at Wounds UK Conference. Harrogate. 2006.
7. Serena T, Chakravarthy D. Maxorb Ag in the treatment of burn wounds. Symposiumon Advanced Wound Care. Tampa, FL. 2007.
8. Bradford C. Freeman R. Percival SL. in vitro study of sustained antimicrobial activity of a new silver alginate dressing. The Journal of the American College of Certified Wound Specialists, Volume 1, Issue 4, Pages 117-120."
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!