Air mattress covers by Span America are made with numerous safety features to protect the user. The Safety Supreme Mattress Cover lives by its namesake as a cover for their raised edge mattress -- the feature that helps prevent the user from slipping off the bed's edge. These covers are made to accommodate and fit the raised edges of the APM2 Safety Supreme Mattress. It also is made to prevent skin irritation for those patients who are bedridden or need extended rest time on an air bed.
The Safety Supreme Mattress Cover overlays the many pressure-redistributing support cells within the foam top layer that rests above the air bed. The Safety Supreme Mattress Cover is an anti-microbial, bi-directional, stretch cover. The main thrust of the cover's design is to be another aid in the overall aim to prevent "sheering," or stretching and pulling, of the skin when elevating and retracting the bed. This feature ultimately is to reduce skin irritation that leads to pressure ulcers and to fit around the raised edged of the mattress that keeps the patient from slipping from the mattress side, or getting trapped between the mattress and rail.
The friction of the fabric is lessened by the design and materials used in the sheet. The cover sheet has three zones, called "sheer transfer zones" by Span America, where they allow the user to glide easily when the bed has the head elevated and when they need to return to the original position. The sheer transfer zones are located beneath the points of highest pressure: upper back, buttocks and heels. The zones will also minimize irritation with everyday body movement by allowing the torso, arms and legs, smooth glide and softer contact than typical fabric. These glide features are especially helpful in reducing sheer when the user sits up and rotates the buttocks to get off the bed mattress.
The Safety Supreme Mattress Covers are moisture-resistant, and can be cleaned and disinfected with everyday cleaners. They also provide a level of protection to prevent the air bladders from puncture forces. They come equipped with an inner fire barrier sleeve that meets federal safety compliance. They are sized 35 inches in width, 75 or 80 inches in length, and 7 or 9 inches in depth.
The Safety Supreme Mattress Cover is also available with Silver3®, which is a coating that protects the fabric from stains, odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew.
Safety Supreme Mattress Cover Features and Benefits
- The cover provides a comfortable barrier that protects the inner foam and rests softly against the body.
- The sheet sides cover the raised edges that act as a safety feature.
- The fabric prevents the sheering forces during movement.
- With less sheer force, the skin is less prone to irritation and ulcers.
- They have three zones that target high pressure areas that allow the body to glide softly when moving.
- The mattress cover can be cleaned and disinfected like a normal.
- They have a fire guard sleeve built in.
Safety Supreme Mattress Cover Specifications
- Manufacturer: Span America
- Sizes Come 35 Inches in Width with 75, or 80 Inches in Length, and 7 to 9 Inches Depth
- For Use with APM2 Mattress
- Manufacturer Numbers: C1-84409, C1-53667, C1-SAF5875-29, C1-SAF5880-29, and C1-SAF5884-29
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Span America
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!