The Custom Care® PressureGuard® Air Mattress Cover, by Span America, is designed to, not only fit the dimensions of the Custom Care® therapeutic mattress, but to add to the overall unique features that help prevent and treat pressure ulcers for those bedridden or needing extended bed rest. This specialized air bed cover is designed to stretch bi-directionally to fit the varying contours of the mattress.
The Custom Care® PressureGuard® Cover is constructed with a fabric that resists bacteria with its anti-microbial surface fibers. It also has a property the blocks fluids from soaking into the underlying materials and will wipe up easily with everyday cleaners. Not only that, but it has a fire-resistant sleeve to help prevent burning. These covers are also very durable and tear resistant. It is also made to prevent the shear forces that cause skin irritation and pressure ulcers (otherwise known as bed sores).
The anti-sheer features are put into three location bands on the cover sheet: beneath the scapula, lower back and buttocks and heels. These areas receive the most weight and thereby are most prone to pressure ulcers. The bands in the cover sheet allow the body to glide rather without the friction forces that push and pull the skin. With those forces lessened, the chance of bed sore development is minimized.
The Custom Care® PressureGuard® Air Mattress Cover also come in sizes to fit the Span America Convertible Series as well.
Custom Care® PressureGuard® Air Mattress Cover Features and Benefits
- The mattress cover has a bi-directional stretch.
- The cover sheet has anti-sheer properties to help prevent bed sores.
- The material has an anti-microbial property.
- It has a flame-resistant sleeve that complies with government regulation guidelines.
- The sheet resists tears.
- It will stop fluid from soaking through.
Custom Care® PressureGuard® Air Mattress Cover Specifications
- Manufacturer: Span America
- Sizes: 36 Inch W X 75 Inch L, 36 Inch W X 80 Inch L, 36 Inch W X 84 Inch L
- Made to Cover the Custom Care® PressureGuard® Air Mattress
- Machine Washable
- Manufacturer Numbers: C1-NP7536, C1-NP8036, C1-NP8436, C1-CJ17536, C1-CJ7536 (Convertible), C1-CJ8036 (Convertible), C1-CJ8036 (Convertible), C1-CJ8436 (Convertible), C1-CJ8436 (Convertible)
- Additional Information
Invacare Continuing Care Span America
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!