The Custom Care® Convertible LAL Mattress Coverlet, by Span America, is not only specially fitted to cover the Custom Care® Convertible LAL Mattress, but presents features to treat or prevent the user from developing bed sores after a long period of time lying down. The mattress itself offers what is called low air loss (LAL) therapy and the cover works, in part, to help deliver the therapy that ultimately helps prevent pressure ulcers and skin maceration.
With the coverlet covering the underlying foam and air bladder matrix, it will provide a barrier against fluid strike through and bacteria. These mattress coverlets also feature a fire-resistant sleeve to help prevent burning.The most important property of the air bed cover is to prevent sores. The cover does two things: helps facilitate the wicking of moisture and help preventing of shear forces against the skin.
The Custom Care® Convertible LAL Mattress has an air delivery system that passes through the Air Diffusion Matrix. When body moisture enters the coverlet, the passing air underneath will sweep the moisture vapor away before it can reform as a liquid. This reduces maceration -- especially effective near the lower back.
The anti-sheer features are put into three location bands on the coverlet sheet: beneath the scapula, lower back and buttocks (sacrum) and heels. These areas receive the most weight and thereby are most prone to pressure ulcers. The bands in the cover sheet allow the body to glide rather without the friction forces that push and pull the skin. With those forces lessened, the chance of bed sore development is minimized.
Custom Care® Care® Convertible LAL Mattress Coverlet Features and Benefits
- The mattress cover has a bi-directional stretch.
- The cover sheet has anti-sheer properties to help prevent bed sores.
- The material has an anti-microbial property.
- The coverlet will allow the moisture to be wicked away by the Air Diffusion Matrix.
- It has a flame-resistant sleeve that complies with government regulation guidelines.
- The sheet resists tears.
- It will stop fluid from soaking through.
Custom Care® Convertible LAL Mattress Specifications
- Manufacturer: Span America
- Sizes: 36 Inch W X 75 Inch L, 36 Inch W X 80 Inch L, 36 Inch W X 84 Inch L
- Made to Cover the Custom Care® Convertible LAL Air Mattress
- Manufacturer Numbers: CLT-CL7536, CLT-CL8036, and CLT-CL8436
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Span America
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!