Air mattress covers, by manufacturer Span America, are made with unique qualities to prevent skin irritation and infection that can commonly occur for those who are bedridden or need extended bed rest. Their mattress covers for the Bariatric PressureGuard® APM air beds are made to cover the extra-wide widths with all the same qualities and properties of the standard-sized PressureGuard® APM mattress covers.
The Bariatric PressureGuard® APM Covers are bacteriostatic, fire-resistant, tear and fluid-proof. But more importantly, they help prevent the sheer forces that create skin irritation that leads to bed sores.
The cover is designed in such a way that the pull of the fabric is lessened through the properties inherent in materials used within the sheet. The sheet has three zones, called "sheer transfer zones" by Span America, where they allow the user's body to glide easily when the bed has the head elevated and when they need to return to the original position. The sheer transfer zones are located beneath the points of highest pressure: upper back, buttocks and heels. The zones will also minimize irritation with everyday body movement by allowing the torso, arms and legs, smooth glide and gentle contact. These glide features are especially helpful in reducing sheer when the user sits up and rotates the buttocks to get off the bed mattress.
The Safety Supreme Mattress Cover are moisture-resistant, and can be cleaned and disinfected with everyday cleaners. They also provide a level of protection to prevent the air bladders from puncture forces. They come equipped with an inner fire barrier sleeve that meets federal safety compliance. They are sized 80 inches in length, but with different width options: 42, 48, or 54 inches.Bariatric PressureGuard® APM Cover Features and Benefits
- It comes extra-wide and extra-long to accommodate larger individuals resting in an APM Mattress.
- The cover provides a comfortable barrier that protects the inner mattress foam, yet is soft against the body.
- The fabric prevents the sheering forces during movement.
- With less sheer force, the skin is less prone to irritation and ulcers.
- They have three zones that target high pressure areas that allow the body to glide softly when moving.
- The mattress cover can be cleaned and disinfected like a normal.
- The cover sheets have a fire guard sleeve built in.
Bariatric PressureGuard® APM Cover Specifications
- Manufacturer: Span America
- Sizes: 42 Inch W x 80 L,48 Inch W x 80 L, 54 Inch W x 80 Inch L
- For Use with Bariatric PressureGuard® APM Mattress
- Manufacturer Numbers: C1-542-29, C1-PG8042, C1-PG8048, C1-PG8048, C1-554-29, and C1-PG8054
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Span America
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!