Mattresses for bedsores typically utilize adjusting air pressures to keep the focus off of sensitive areas. The Masonair AS8800 Alternating Pressure Air Mattress System, by Drive Medical, is a system that will do just that, plus provide settings for specific needs. This is the elite model in the Masonair series.
The Masonair AS8800 is an air bed system that involves a mattress that has 20 individual air bladders and a pump as the air delivery system. This system comes with microprocessor sensor technology to provide continuous feedback to equalize pressure and maximize patient comfort by alternating and distributing weight. The settings on the pump allow the user to input the patient's weight and it will adjust the comfort accordingly. Another dial will allow the choice between 10, 15, 20 and a 25 minute cycle time. It also has a static mode to stop alternating pressure and keep the mattress rigid. It has an auto-firm feature for max inflation when transferring a patient and an auto-recovery after 30 minutes. The mattress also has a CPR valve to allow for rapid deflation.
This Drive Medical Air Bed has 20 eight-inch high cell-on-cell air bladders. These bladders are protected by removable top cover that is low shear, anti-microbial and fluid resistant. There is also a safeguard protection for this system. In the case of a power failure, the bottom four inches of the air cell will remain inflated to offer sufficient support for the patient.
The mattresses come in three sizes. The basic AS8800 model is 80 inches long by 36 inches wide and eight inches high. The AS8800-84 design is 84 inches long. And finally the AS8800-RR model has the same dimensions as the basic model, but is contoured to fit frames with raised rails.The Masonair AS8800 Alternating Pressure Air Mattress System Features and Benefits
- The air mattress has an eight-inch high alternating cell depth when the pump is turned on.
- The pump motor is quiet, yet has a rapid air delivery.
- The alternating pressure can be effective treating pressure sores and circulation issues while the patient is confined to a bed.
- The mattress has a CPR valve for rapid deflation.
- The removable cover is low shear, anti-microbial, and fluid resistant.
- The motor controls allow the pressure to be customized by patient weight.
- In the case of power loss, the mattress will still maintain four inches of air for support.
- The microprocessor sensor technology provides continuous feedback to equalize pressure and maximize comfort.
- The setting dial allows static and alternating pressures.
Masonair AS8800 Alternating Pressure Air Mattress System Specifications
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Manufacturer Number: AS8800
- Length: 80 Inch(AS8800-84 Model is 84 Inches Long)
- Width: 36 Inch
- Height: 8 Inch
- Weight Capacity: 350lbs
- Mattress Sheet Material: Fluid-Resistant Nylon
- Pump Type: Compressor
- Pump Power: 110 VAC, 60 Hz
- Pump Cycle Time: 10, 15, 20, and 25 Minute Settings
- Pump Airflow: 8 LPM
- Warranty: One Year Limited
- HCPCS: E0277
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!