Bariatric air mattresses are great for larger individuals who need extended bed rest and want to avoid circulation issues and developing pressure sores. The Masonair LS9000B Bariatric Low Air Loss and Alternating Pressure Mattress, by Drive Medical, is one such model that compensates bariatric needs patients and comes with multiple features to control comfort and maintain health.
The Masonair LS9000B air bed involves the use of a digital air compressor machine and a multi-chambered air bladder mattress. They pump has several features and settings to allow the user to both adjust comfort and initiate therapy to help circulation and pressure sore avoidance. One of those features is built right into the software. It has a microprocessor sensor that provides continuous feedback to equalize pressure and maximize patient comfort.
The Masonair LS9000B mattress has a lot of the same features as its standard-sized relative, the LS9000 Air Mattress, but with larger sized dimensions. Like the LS9000, it is designed with 20 individual air bladders that line up along horizontally and make up the length of the mattress. Each one alternates air pressure for the desired effect. Another feature is the Auto-Firm, which will allow a one minute fill rate. It comes with a CPR valve to allow for rapid deflation.
This Drive Medical Bed has a cover sheet that protects the bladder system. The cover is made of high-density nylon that is low-shear, anti-microbial and fluid resistant. Underneath the mattress is a two-inch convoluted foam support in case of power outage.
The Masonair LS9000B True Low Air Loss Mattress System Features and Benefits
- It is sized for bariatric patients.
- The air bed system offers an extraordinary therapeutic mattress system for the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers.
- Below the air bed is a convoluted foam base in case of power outage.
- It comes with a CPR feature, which allows for rapid deflation of mattress system.
- It is great for use in the homecare, long-term care, and acute care markets.
- The 10 Adjustable Comfort Settings allows pressure to be customized by patient's weight.
- The Auto-Firm feature allows for a one minute fill rate.
- The Powerloft Pro 900 pump produces 1180 liters of air flow per minute offering a cool and dry sleeping surface
- The exclusive Pulsate mode reduces the air flow every 30 seconds to 50 percent of the comfort setting for circulation therapy and to reduce pressures that cause bed sores.
- It has a static function that can suspend the pulsate mode.
- The internal pressure control sensor continuously monitors surface pressure for optimal pressure redistribution.
- This feature will intermittently reduce pressure and increase blood flow.
- It comes with visible and audible alarms -- includes an alarm mute feature.
- The mattress CPR valve allows for rapid deflation.
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Manufacturer Number: LS9000B42 and LS9000B48
- Product Number LS900B42 Dimensions:
- Length: 80 Inch
- Width: 42 inch
- Height: 10 Inch
- Product Number LS900B48 Dimensions:
- Length: 80 Inch
- Width: 42 Inch
- Height: 10 Inch
- Mattress Cover Material: Fluid-Resistant Nylon
- Pump Airflow: 16 LPM
- Pump Alarms: Visual and Audible
- Pump Cycle Time: 10, 15, 20, and 25 Minutes
- Weight Capacity: 1000 lbs
- Warranty: One Year Limited
- HCPCS: E0277
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!