Bio Compression Systems Sequential Circulator 2004 Pump by Bio Compression is a gradient, sequential, pneumatic compression pump to mimic the lymphatic system. The Sequential Circulator Lymphedema Pump is widely used to treat swelling of the extremities. The gradient pressure comes factory calibrated and has proven results in reducing the amount of excess lymphatic fluid in a limb, in a comfortable and efficient manner. The lymphedema pump functions as the body does when it utilizes its own “muscle pump.” The body uses various muscle groups to move the lymphatic fluid through the channels. The Lymphedema Pump does just that for the primary or adjunctive treatment of primary or secondary lymphedema. This Bio Compression Sequential Circulator 2004 acts as the "muscle pump" by providing compression with any of its compatible 4-chamber segmental Lymphedema Sleeves which are sold separately. The highest pressure is in chamber #1 graduated down to the lowest in chamber #4. Weighing only eight pounds, the Bio Compression Systems 2004 is easy to transport for home or hospital use.
Bio Compression Systems Sequential Circulator 3004 model has all the standard features and benefits of its 2004 model counterpart. It comes with the built-in calibrated gradient, however the 3004 model allows for an adjustment of individual gradient pressures where clinical situations deem it necessary to use this feature. An “over-ride” of the gradient settings is found on the underside of the pump.
The Bio Compression Systems 3004 is great option for the primary or adjunctive treatment of primary or secondary lymphedema. This device is intended for additional or alternative treatment of venous insufficiency and venous statis ulcers that's associated with venous insufficiency. It's also used for general treatment for swelling of the extremities by moving excess fluid out of the affected limb and returning it to the cardiovascular system. This Bio Compression Sequential Circulator 3004 provides compression in its 4-chamber segmental lymphedema sleeves to act as the lymphatic system.
A prescription from a licensed physician is required to purchase a lymphedema pump. Please have your doctor's office fax your prescription to 1-801-733-5797.
Bio Compression Features, Benefits, Specifications, Contraindications, Warnings & Instructional Video
Bio Compression Model SC2004 and SC3004 Features and Benefits:
- Pre-Set Gradient Pressure
- Reduces Pain
- Reduces Edema
- Mimics Lymphatic System
- Promotes Proper Lymphatic Flow
- Stimulates Circulation
- Promotes Wound Healing
- Delivers Continuous Flow
- Bilateral Operation
- Lightweight and Portable
- Easy to Use
Bio Compression SC Pump Model SC2004 and SC3004 Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Bio Compression
- Width: 12 Inches
- Height: 5.5 Inches
- Depth: 8 Inches
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Bi-lateral Operation
- SC2004: No Adjustable Gradient Pressure Override
- SC3004: Adjustable Gradient Pressure Override
- Pressure Range: 0-125 mmHg
- Electrical Rating: 120 VAC, 60 HZ, .5 AMPS
- Cycle Time: 18 Seconds per Chamber
- Inflation: 72 Seconds
- Deflation: 18 Seconds
- Pump Components Double Insulated
- 18 Gauge, 2-Wire, 10-Ft Power Cord
- Compression Pump Warranty: 3 Years
- Item Numbers: SC2004, SC3004
- Operating Manual SC-2004 and SC-3004
- Any local condition of the extremity that would interfere with its application, including, but not limited to: dermatitis, immediately following vein ligature, gangrene, skin grafts, casts or splints
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular disease
- Pulmonary edema
- Congestive heart failure
- Suspicion or confirmation of the presence of existing DVT
- Infections of the limb, including cellulitis without appropriate antibiotic coverage for at least 72 hours prior to treatment
- Presence of lymphangiosarcoma
- Inflammatory phlebitis or episodes of pulmonary embolism
SC3004 Overriding Pre-Set Gradient Pressures:
- A small screw driver is the only tool needed to adjust the gradient pressures.
- If pump is on its side, you will notice underneath, three screw ports labeled #4, #3, and #2, each having a directional arrow indicating the way in which the pressure is increased.
- It only takes a very small turn of the screw to adjust since you are adjusting (mmHg) as reflected on the gauge.
- With the pump on its side and running, place your finger over the number air supply port you wish to adjust.
- When you feel the air coming out of the specific port, using your finger, occlude the port and while observing the Pressure Gauge, gently and gradually adjust the screw valve to the desired setting.
- If NOT using two garments/sleeves, the CAP (#6) MUST remain covering auxiliary air supply ports (#6).The system is not intended for use during sleep.
- In event of a power failure, unplug the garment from the pump to release any residual pressure in the garment.
- Discontinue treatment if you experience pain or unusual symptoms during use and consult your doctor.
- To prevent the potential for reverse pressure and retrograde flow, do not adjust the gradient pressures without physical supervision.
- Before cleaning, unplug power cord from electrical outlet.
- Patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease should use caution with high pressure setting.
- Do not allow liquids to enter the pump, it can present an electrical hazard.
- Do not place sleeves/garment in washing machine.
Bio Compression Lymphedema Pump Video (2.44 Min)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Bio Compression
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
you should know these units require an rx and that any reputable company would follow the law... you should not leave bad reviews because you are an idiot that orders equipment your doctor wont sign off for....
As for the unit.... the sequential 2004 is a great, solid, trouble free unit. The first unit I got lasted over five years without any issues. I got a new unit because I wanted a new boot and insurance said I needed a new pump as well. The new units are super quiet and the adjustment dial is precise and you can lock it in place. Overall a great unit and the boots, sleeves are top notch and fairly easy to clean. Sleves/boots hold up amazingly well also....
And no I don't have any connection to this company. Just want others to know how great this unit is!