All four edges of the gauze pad are sealed to prevent lint residue and leaking. It also has infection protection and is highly absorbent.
The ABD pad has a Wet-Proof backing, which is a unique plastic backsheet. The moisture-proof backing retards fluid strike-through and protects both the patient and healthcare workers from fluid strike-through. In addition, this barrier on the ABD pad helps minimize exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
This ABD pad consists of three layers: a soft, outer, nonwoven layer; a fluff filler for absorbency; and a Wet-Proof barrier to prevent fluid strike-through.
The ABD gauze pad is indicated in use for:
- primary dressings: abdominal or other large incisions; large trauma sites
- secondary dressings: over heavily exudating wounds; cushioning, moisture protection
Tendersorb Wet Proof ABD Pad by Kendall is available in sterile and non-sterile. It comes in 5 x 9", 8 x 10", and 7 1/2 x 8" pads. The ABD pad is packaged for convenience in singles or boxes.
Tendersorb Wet Proof ABD Pad Features and Benefits
- Abdominal Pad Used in Wound Care
- Absorbs More Fluid Than Ordinary ABD Pads
- Fewer Dressing Changes
- All Four Edges Sealed to Prevent Leakage
- Infection Protection
- Highly Absorbent
- Wet-Proof Backing
- Protects Patient and Healthcare Worker From Fluid Strike-Through
- Helps Minimize Exposure to Blood-Borne Pathogens
- Consists of Three Layers
Tendersorb Wet Proof ABD Pad Specifications
- Available in Sterile and Non-Sterile
- 5 x 9", 8 x 10", and 7 1/2 x 8" Pads
- Packaged in Singles and Boxes
- Item Number: 8190A, 8194A, 9190A, 9192A, 9194A
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Covidien Sub Brand Tendersorb Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!