IValex is an Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula With Iron. IValex-1 provides nutrition support for infants and toddlers with a disorder of leucine catabolism. IValex 1 Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula With Iron is Leucine-free. Use IValex under medical supervision.
IValex Amino Acid-Modified Infant Formula With Iron Features and Benefits
- Leucine-free to allow greater intake of intact protein.
- Isoleucine and valine to help prevent deficiency of these amino acids.
- L-carnitine (900 mg/100 g) to help supply amount normally found in human milk and foods of animal origin and to help excrete toxic metabolites.
- Glycine (1000 mg/100 g) to bind with acyl groups and help enhance their excretion in a nontoxic form.
- Approximately 40% of energy as fat to help achieve acceptable formula osmolality.
- 6.6% of energy as linoleic acid.
- Nutrient profile specifically designed for infants and toddlers.
- When fed according to the Abbott Nutrition Support Protocols, provides adequate amounts of all nutrients.Halal.
IValex Nutrition Information Links
- IValex Nutritional Information contains details for vitamins, minerals, protein and calories.
- IValex Nutrition Guide offers several pages of nutritional information about this Abbott Nutrition product line.
Unflavored PowderI-Valex-1 Powder / 14.1-oz (400-g) Can / 6 ct
Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Soy Oil, L-Alanine, L-Glutamic Acid. Less than 2% of the Following: L-Aspartic Acid, L-Proline, L-Lysine Acetate, Calcium Phosphate, L-Arginine, DATEM, Potassium Phosphate, Glycine, L-Carnitine, L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Serine, L-Threonine, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, L-Valine, Magnesium Chloride, L-Isoleucine, L-Histidine, L-Methionine, Calcium Carbonate, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, Ascorbic Acid, L-Tryptophan, Choline Chloride, Taurine, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Mixed Tocopherols, Calcium Pantothenate, Salt, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Phylloquinone, Sodium Selenate, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
Approximate Weights for Unpacked, Level U.S. Standard Dry Household Measures for Powder*
Household Measure (US) Weight (g) 1 Tbsp 8 1/4 Cup 30 1/3 Cup 40 1/2 Cup 60 1 Cup 120
* For most accurate results, I-Valex-1 should be weighed on a scale that reads in grams.
Directions for Preparation and Use: Use Only As Directed by a PhysicianYour baby's health depends on carefully following these directions. Proper hygiene, handling and storage are important when preparing infant formula. Failure to follow these directions could result in severe harm. Ask your baby's doctor if you need to use cooled, boiled water for mixing and if you need to boil (sterilize) bottles, nipples and rings before use.
- Wash your hands, surfaces and utensils.
- Pour prescribed amount of water into a clean container.
- Add prescribed amount of I-Valex-1 powder (and other ingredients if recommended).
- Shake well for 10-15 seconds; if using a blender, mix no more than 5 seconds.
- Pour mixture into clean feeding bottles or container; cap.
- Once feeding begins, use within 1 hour or discard.
Storage & Handling
- Once mixed, store bottles or container in refrigerator and feed to baby or child within 24 hours
- Store unopened or opened can at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Use opened can contents within 1 month.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!